How many gamers here?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm a gamer. Used to work in the game industry until I realized that I no longer played games outside of work. After leaving the industry I've picked up my hobby gaming again.

In my earlier years my forte was fighting games, with the love of my gaming life being Street Fighter. I've written a couple books on that game, as well as a couple on Killer Instinct, which is one I had fun with as a healthy alternative. This was back in my Prima Games and Gamefan/Gamers Republic years. I have no love for RPGs at all, and I'm amazed I can still tolerate turning on World of Warcraft. I'm just a PvP whore who lives in Thunder Bluff on the Hunter Rise near the Battlemasters. I log in, que up, own face and log out.

When I'm not gaming on my imac, I play my DS. Current favorite DS games are Geometry Wars and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. For gaming on the iPhone, nothing can top NOIZ2SA in my honest opinion.

Oh, heres the profile to my perpetual character in WoW: Glavius, Level 59 Tauren Druid. I have no plans on leveling to 70, I've already got all my 70 pvp gear sets from the surplus of honor I receive as a twinked character. Twinked means I've got the best gear for my level, and as such anyone competing against me in lesser gear is fodder. I didn't do this to avoid the challenge, but rather rise to the challenge as everyone "twinks" in the battlegrounds.

I have a gaming PC built from the ground up and a plain old iMac (aluminium) but because the iMac screen is a 24" flat screen I haven't touched my PC in months.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I play video games a lot. I have a PS3, xbox 360, and a nintendo wii. Almost all of the games I have are either about crime or shooting...except the wii games

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'm a gamer but sometimes there is no time :<

i play a lot of Final Fantasy 11 which is the MMORPG FF. i've been playing it for a while and i still love it.

also i play Super Smash Brothers: Brawl and i love it. Lucas is my favorite character, and you'll lose :p

the game i'm looking forward to next is GTA4. i'm a big GTA fan eventhough the game lacks definition, but killing is just fun :p

i used to play my DS a lot and the main game was something you probably haven't heard of: Jump! Ultimate Stars. it's basically a super smash brothers with anime characters from the Shonen Jump manga company.

in the arcade my games are Dance Dance Revolution and Initial D.

i used to play a ton of games but i have had less time and thus have gotten stuck in my ways :\

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I have a PS2.

yeah, you read that right, PlayStationTwo.

I love Gran Turismo4.

simply the best game in the world.

I also like Battlefield2 for PC.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Started on the orginal NES and then moved up to SNES, N64, and more recently PC gaming. Moved to PC gaming because battlefield 2. Now I play CSS, COD4, Crysis, and of course BF2.
I probably wont go back to console gaming but the wii is a nice change.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
sometimes prostitutes deserve to die...:p
Haha, that's the first thing I did when I played GTA3. I couldn't figure out how to pick up a hooker, so when one turned me down, I shot her! It was great! LOL

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Started on NES and have owned at one time or another every major system up to the ps2 and xbox. I've actually at times considered myself a pc gamer rather than console, but there are some great console games out there (god of war, GTA series)

Too many games to mention, I'm a big online gamer and have always loved online gaming.

Online games played for what seems like forever: MotoGP2 for xbox, Everquest-PC, Counter-Strike-PC....HUUUUUGE counter-strike fan, havn't played in almost a year though due to not having a gaming machine anymore.

Currently it seems all I have time for is TRAVIAN online and forum"ing". Having a child has really cut my gaming down considerably and I'm a 10+ year gaming veteran!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
xbox 360, COD 4 ftw.
A buddy of mine just wrote up an employee of his for calling in sick to work so that he could play the new map packs that were launched. My friend checked his XBL status and he was online all day, lol.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Started on Pong and moved up to Atari 5200. I never had an Atari 2600 system. Stayed away from console games until the PS came out. After that I was a regular PS fanboy moving up to the PS2 and now the PS3. While I probably play the sports titles the most, my favorite game of all time is probably MOH: Frontline for PS2.

Wolfmother

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
New Jersey
I got Xbox 360. Come try and beat me in madden. I also play cod4 halo3 tiger woods ncaa basketball gh3. lots of stuff :D

GT: Philley32

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
A buddy of mine just wrote up an employee of his for calling in sick to work so that he could play the new map packs that were launched. My friend checked his XBL status and he was online all day, lol.
That's crap. You can't write someone up for that! Not that I agree with what your friend did, but if he really WAS sick, who's to say that he couldn't play video games? I'd be really pissed if I was your friend. I'd go to HR.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio