How Many Got AppleCare +?

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I'm just curious...how many of you purchased AppleCare+? I have it on my iPhone, but not sure I need it on my iPad. Tempted to cancel it when I get my new iPad and possibly get the AppleTV...mainly for AirPlay. I'm definitely going to want an ATV when Mountain Lion comes out and brings AirPlay to my MBP!

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
...another thing...

Just got an email from SquareTrade declaring that they are going to have their "best deal ever" on an iPad 2 year warranty through them. Their "normal" 2 year warranty runs $129, but can easily be had for $99 (it's on "sale" for that right now).

Might want to consider that if it's cheaper and it basically covers the same thing (albeit that you have to send it in for repair as opposed to just taking it in to an Apple Store for a replacement).

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have Apple Care+ on my phone and it has a lot of other benefits on top of the replacements. I saved $29 when I shipped my iPhone to them for replacement since the closest Apple Store is 2 hours away from me. They normally charge $29 for two day shipping, but they waive that if you have Apple Care+. They also refund a portion of your $99 at the end of the year if you end up selling it to upgrade. So it ends up only costing arround $60 for the year. I'd take it over SquareTrade any day. You get extended tech support and you get your phone replaced the same day. Can't beat that.