How many have not modded or unlocked your iPhone?

Mike02z

Sep 10, 2007
I have not yet. I typically wait several months before trying to mod or "hack" a new device. I did the same thing with my first Xbox, PSP and HD Tivo. I'm sure I'll get to it on the iPhone but probably not for a while.

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I haven't because I'm completely content with the way my device is right now. I don't want to ugly it up with a bunch of low-rent, ghetto mods that will likely force me to at least deal with restoring the phone every time an update hits.
Basically, not interested.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't because I'm completely content with the way my device is right now. I don't want to ugly it up with a bunch of low-rent, ghetto mods that will likely force me to at least deal with restoring the phone every time an update hits.
What he said :)

mediarite

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
ColoRADo

I generally fall into this camp. I don't normally go out of my way to make my phone (or anything else) real "different". I usually prefer things clean, simple, and "as-designed".

However, since discovering Installer, I've had a lot of fun updating my iPhone; both its appearance and the applications. The list of available applications is impressive, and while there are some "ghetto" apps, most of them are very well designed and highly functional. There are lots of nice-looking themes that can be swapped in a matter of seconds, and there's an update almost daily.

Installer gives me the freedom and feature set that I expected Apple to provide.

If you haven't tried it out, give it a shot. It's really easy to do and the worst case is you restore back to where you started.

All that said... I have only done mods and would likely never try to unlock the phone.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Mine has not been altered. Although the different apps available appeal to me, I'll wait until Apple sanctions them.

Until then, its virgin territory for me.

Fred

"If your scared....say your scared!":mad:

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I'd modded and loaded apps on mine after 1.0.1 update, but had to restore for the 1.0.2 version. Just never got around to remodding after that.

Plan to unlock, but wanted to see what the next update did, and how quick to re-unlock before I did it (and I wasn't immediately in need of the unlocked phone).

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Modded for a brief period...about 36 hours. just didn't find anything too interesting back then. it seems like some new apps have been added, perking my interests again, but i'll wait to see what the supposed update brings.

somehow, i'm dying to know more about this ANTS app.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I haven't because I'm completely content with the way my device is right now. I don't want to ugly it up with a bunch of low-rent, ghetto mods...
You obviously have not seen what is out there in the last month. "Low-rent, ghetto mods" is far from accurate in many cases and insulting to those who performed the work and shared it with others.

--
Mike

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
You obviously have not seen what is out there in the last month. "Low-rent, ghetto mods" is far from accurate in many cases and insulting to those who performed the work and shared it with others.
I put apptapp on my phone last night, and removed it a short while later after trying out said "low-rent, ghetto-mod" apps. I didn't find anything on there that interested me. Perhaps because I was primarily interested in games.

I'm in the "skeered" camp. I didn't find the available add-ons worth any possible risk to my phone, especially voiding my warranty slash AppleCare. I paid good money for this thing, and I don't often splurge for electronics... so I don't care to risk its safety.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i've only added a handful of ringtones through itoner (and a few legitimate ones throug the ituners ringtone function).

like many here, i like the look and functionality of my iPhone as-is. i do want some other applications, but i'm fine waiting to see if Apple will provide some. i'm in no rush to modify or unlock my iPhone...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I put apptapp on my phone last night, and removed it a short while later after trying out said "low-rent, ghetto-mod" apps.
By "mods" I meant themes, icons, etc. No way could you have checked out all of the Summerboard/iSwitcher themes in a short while...

I didn't find anything on there that interested me. Perhaps because I was primarily interested in games.
Well if you have no interest in Blackjack, Mines (Sweeper), FiveDice (excellent Yahtzee clone), Tetris, or the dozens or more of games that work well with NES then I don't know what to say. But I will say have fun with Web apps when you are at 35,000 feet and in Airplane Mode :p. ds.

I'm in the "skeered" camp.
I've never been in that camp, and hopefully never will.

--
Mike