How many have recommended iPhones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
.... to friends, relatives, neighbors .. whoever - and they ended up buying?

I just "sold" my 4th one since Labor Day.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I recommend an iPhone to at least five people per day.

However, I've only gotten four people to buy one.

On the other hand, I've "sold" over 200 Macs in my life.

- John

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I've sold 4 so far and after Christmas I will have sold another 4. I guess I should go work sales :) Course I think I sell more Apple stuff in the Apple store than the employees do.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
I tell everyone to get an iPhone. And then all those people tell their friends. When you put the iPhone up to your ear, it embeds a chip that makes you sell the iPhone.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
although i do recommend this phone a lot , i don't have to, they see it and play with it and want it right away, all i have to do is say, "yes, get it !"

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I must be surrounded by poor people because I can try to sell the product to them and although I get a lot of "I need to get me one of those", nobody has yet. I guess that is good too because then I stick out in the crowd.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Its funny, everyone in my family (brothers, sisters, moms & dads, gparents) all have phones, I am the only one with the iPhone, at thanksgiving it was all about the phones, my iPhone was hands down the best at everything, and I mean everything. But could not convence one person to change.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
For the far sighted the phone is a great relief....it is for me, and it is the only reason I bought the phone. That is largely due to the terrific interface and zoom in/out.

But I have no plans to recommend the phone to my "not technically inclined" family and friends until the phone reaches more than a minimal implementation of phone features, and applications (as offical features and not hacks).

I am hopeful that the 3G version will a much improved implementation. I also wish that Apple would be more forthcoming about what they plan to: add, fix, enhance.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
For the far sighted the phone is a great relief....it is for me, and it is the only reason I bought the phone. That is largely due to the terrific interface and zoom in/out.

But I have no plans to recommend the phone to my "not technically inclined" family and friends until the phone reaches more than a minimal implementation of phone features, and applications (as offical features and not hacks).

I am hopeful that the 3G version will a much improved implementation. I also wish that Apple would be more forthcoming about what they plan to: add, fix, enhance.

That my friend is called marketing in the global economy.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i've shown a couple of coworkers what i've done with mine (modding-wise) and they're both seriously considering buying one.

so no closed deals yet.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I've had many that love it and many the gave it strong consideration when getting new phone but the cost was the final factor for them. Well, come to think of it, my brother can't stand to be out geeked by me ( I bought on iDay) and when he heard he bought 2 on that Sunday!

As someone above said, I've been influential in selling many many Macs over the year.

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
One my friends was not sure about getting the iPhone until he had a chance to play around with mine. He is now sold on it.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I Tell Everyone i know to buy an iPhone. I begin by showing off the ipod featuring and showing all my album covers. Then i make a slow transition to my pictures and just to tease them i take a picture of their face and zoom in on their pimple. But The people that i have told to buy one never do, so i'll just have to deal with the fact that i will be the only person out of my all friends who's cool. it's a tough job but someone has to do it.