how many have successfully unlocked 3G?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
so a girl i know wants me to unlock her 3g for her. i tried yellowsn0w on my 3g when it first came out and it caused some signal issues. i was still using my AT&T and heard others report similar issues so i am just wondering who here has successfuly used it to unlock a 3g and if they have had any problems. i have no problem getting it or installing it, i just don't feel like babysitting and being the doctor for all this girl's iPhone needs and concerns if it doesn't work good. thanks.

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
For me so far so good, but I hear you on the babysitting thing, unless she is your girlfriend or wife. It might not be worht your time!

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^yah, haven't you experienced much problems with it at all? it seems like there was this huge rush to get this yellowsn0w out, but once it came out everyone was kind of quiet about it and didn't try it. perhaps i'll go to walmart and get a prepaid gsm sim card and unlock my phone and see if i can get it working.

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
Well the latest build has been good, only had to reinsert the sim once in 2weeks, because it all of a sudden lost signal and said no sim or wrong sim etc..

The first build when it cam out did not work for me as it would keep dropping signal and would not use the other sim I had, so I uninstalled and waited a few more days till the latest build.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I officially unlocked my 3G yesterday because I had some spare time and it worked flawlessly. Tested it out on my friend's T-Mobile SIM and data and everything worked.

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
I unlocked mine on jan 31 have not had a prob yet. Works like a charm

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
thanks for the results guys, one more question. obviously you jailbroke and then downloaded yellowsn0w. did you guys also download the yellowsn0w toggle or just let it stay on all the time? just wondering if there is any advantages to either way. thanks.