How Many iPhone Killers Are There?

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Far as I'm concerned the only iPhone "killer" would be the next gen iPhone.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
No, the only iPhone killer is the concrete you drop it on. :laugh2:
Sad story about concrete and the iPhone. At the dorms where I live there are small cracks between the doors and the balcony's that is about the thickness of the iPhone. A friend of mine was unlucky enough to accidentally drop his through this crack and then down a series of stairs. Completely cracked the whole screen. Sad sad day.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
it is the phone to emulate because it is a solid platform with solid functionality

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Gotta love that first video. If you're showing off a touchscreen, it shouldn't take three tries to select something on the screen, innit?

That's the problem with all these guys. They look great on paper... even sometimes side-by-side with an iPhone. But once you start using them...

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Gotta love that first video. If you're showing off a touchscreen, it shouldn't take three tries to select something on the screen, innit?

That's the problem with all these guys. They look great on paper... even sometimes side-by-side with an iPhone. But once you start using them...
Just like the voyager. Looks ok (still a brick) but when you start to use it its just miles away from the iPhone.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
The key challenge for competitors will be to come up with a mobile platform that is uncanned and can do more than the basic set of features being copied. The iPhone is a computer which will be better tapped when the 3rd party applications are released. Other than WM phones, I have yet to see 3rd party applications for the LG Voyager or the upcoming Samsung Instinct.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Far as I'm concerned the only iPhone "killer" would be the next gen iPhone.
I agree. There is simply no other phone that comes close as far as form and functionality....oh and style, or does that fall under form also?

Anyways iPhone is definitely the one to beat, and I'd say RIM had better watch out when they start releasing these new businesss apps and smooth that end of things out.

iPhone pho life!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
To answer the question in the thread title, zero. There is no competition.

- John

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I have researched Black berries and everything else, but I want the I touch as it has Google maps and the touch features that the competition just doesn't have and that to me puts it in the lead.

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Other than WM phones, I have yet to see 3rd party applications for the LG Voyager or the upcoming Samsung Instinct.
I agree, I personally don't want a smartphone that I can't program myself, or at least buy (or get free) apps for.

However, there's a huge market out there of users who don't care about those things... they just want some basic smart functionality.

In fact, the iPhone still fits that description, until its apps come out this summer. Plenty of people bought it, knowing that there was no way to add anything at the time or in the foreseeable future... but were still happy with it.