How many iPhones can I purchase at any one time?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hawkesy73

Nov 19, 2007
Hi,

I live in the UK and have heard Apple will only sell me 2 iPhones at any one time at Apple stores in the USA?

I am traveling to New York next week and need to know if this is true as I need loads of them. I know AT & T stores sell them, so does anyone know if I can purchase 2 or more of them from there?

Any info would be great!

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I would think the Maximum 2 rule would apply to both Apple stores and the AT&T stores, and you must pay with a Debit or Credit card.

Unless you plan on visiting a few stores, you won't be getting "loads" of them.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You are limited to 2 phones at a time. Apple can track all your purchases, so you will not be able to store hop and grab loads. AT&T on the other hand is a different ball game. They will also limit you to 2 phones, but you can go to any store and grab 2 at a time. I have gone into my local store bought 2, then come back the next day and bought 2 more. They don't check anything.

Not sure if the Apple store will sell you any phones if you use an international credit card. This is the US dude, people here never leave their city, let alone the country. So a foreign credit card is easy to spot. But there are millions of ways to get around it all. Just get an American Express card that you can top up with cash and use that.

Hi,

I live in the UK and have heard Apple will only sell me 2 iPhones at any one time at Apple stores in the USA?

I am traveling to New York next week and need to know if this is true as I need loads of them. I know AT & T stores sell them, so does anyone know if I can purchase 2 or more of them from there?

Any info would be great!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
$599 for the first iPhone (I am assuming it was when they were first released) + $800 to buy first place in the line up. What an amazing investment.

She needs to go home, get back in the kitchen and make her hubbie dinner.

yeah she's an idiot.

i love the ugly face she's making before the video plays.
choice.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Hmm, you have a point.

She is probably one of those micro managers that females are infamously known for. Has no idea of what her team does and just gets in everyone's way and sits in countless meetings all day long, thinking she is important.

Reminds me of my useless manager!

you think someone married that?

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Hmm, you have a point.

She is probably one of those micro managers that females are infamously known for. Has no idea of what her team does and just gets in everyone's way and sits in countless meetings all day long, thinking she is important.

Reminds me of my useless manager!
Dan? Is that you? :laugh2: Just kidding, you sound like my brother-in-law. No matter how many teams he switches between, that stereotype (which happens to be true) is on every team. And they can never get rid of her, because, well, you know, she's a woman. It would be discriminating.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
A co-worker just went into an AT&T store (literally 30 mins ago) here in Hollywood and was told he could only buy one iPhone at a time. So he got a friend to come with him and buy a second one.

Seems like they are getting really tight on all this.

I recall the good old days of being able to walk into an Apple store and buy 20 iPhones at a time, unlock them and flog them all on eBay. Those were the days, when I were a lad. I used to have to walk uphill both ways to the store, in the snow (yes snow in Los Angeles), no shoes and in my pyjamas.

You are limited to 2 phones at a time. Apple can track all your purchases, so you will not be able to store hop and grab loads. AT&T on the other hand is a different ball game. They will also limit you to 2 phones, but you can go to any store and grab 2 at a time. I have gone into my local store bought 2, then come back the next day and bought 2 more. They don't check anything.

Not sure if the Apple store will sell you any phones if you use an international credit card. This is the US dude, people here never leave their city, let alone the country. So a foreign credit card is easy to spot. But there are millions of ways to get around it all. Just get an American Express card that you can top up with cash and use that.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
A co-worker just went into an AT&T store (literally 30 mins ago) here in Hollywood and was told he could only buy one iPhone at a time. So he got a friend to come with him and buy a second one.

Seems like they are getting really tight on all this.

I recall the good old days of being able to walk into an Apple store and buy 20 iPhones at a time, unlock them and flog them all on eBay. Those were the days, when I were a lad. I used to have to walk uphill both ways to the store, in the snow (yes snow in Los Angeles), no shoes and in my pyjamas.
bitching all the way asking "where is my effing update?!?!?!?!(1.1.1)"

:p

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Dang right. Then coming home to have to listen to my woman nag me, and having to take my belt off and beating her!
lmfao

and at this point the belt is almost ice since you had been in the snow so long. you're basically hitting her with an icicle.. the perfect murder weapon

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
So that means she paid $800 + $599 for a total of $1,399 for her iPhone, but that's OK since Steve gave her back a $100 store credit, making it only $1,299. :eek:

Makes me feel like I got a good deal! :D