How many iPhones will Apple Store on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by RyansTitan05, Sep 12, 2013.

1. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

Hey guys, as most of us will be camping out for the release of this phone. Does anyone know how many phones each store will get?

This will determine how early I get there!

Thanks

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Unfortunately this is near impossible to know how many iPhones each store will get. But if I remember correctly, it may be figured out by if the area your in is smaller, not a lot of people.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But from experience, get there at least a few hours early, however the line will still be pretty long as people literally camp out.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm certain that no one here has that answer..As an experienced line-waiter, just get there hours ahead of time, especially since there is no preorder. Ah, just like old times.

1348241712_stretch.png

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'll be honest here, I've never camped out for the iPhone. I wait for the preorder to be available online and then order immediately.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

C'mon man! There is no way to know this vital information.

I don't know if you remember waay back when they released the iPhone 3G or was it the 3GS or possibly both. Wait. I'm trying to get my recollection together on this. Okay, I got it, and I know I'll get corrected by someone who will remember. Apple had a chart on their web site by store of the availability of the color and size of the iPhone 3G you wanted. I remember checking to see when and if my choice of iPhone 3G would be available at the 5th Ave store. It was extremely helpful and the next year they didn't do it. Yeah, it was the 3G and that was awesome when they offered that info. It was soo helpful. I believe they updated the info every 1/2 hour so it was accurate.

it would be great if they would return to that especially since they want everyone to come to the stores to buy the 5s.

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

See now, that's what I wanted to do. I figured if I ordered soon enough I would get it at least by the following Friday. However, I'm chomping at the bit now and I want my newly claimed iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB in my hot little hands now if not right now.

I thought I could have restraint. You know, be a grown up and professional and have a little patience. PIFT!, I CANNOT WAIT! I want the iPhone 5s on launch day or launch night or the next day. I CANNOT WAIT! It's bad, I'm breaking out in a rash right now. Dag on it Apple, you've done it again!

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I remember calling an Apple Store a few days before the 3G launch in 2008 to try to get some information about this. I asked at least five questions and they wouldn't/couldn't answer a single one. My final question was, "Well, can you confirmin that you will have some 3G iPhones available in your store on launch day?" Even that was a "no." I ended up going to an AT&T store.

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I understand the strong desire to get the 5S early but even I draw the line at camping out. Maybe is my impatient nature, but I can not do this. I'll be ordering online whenever and waiting for a delivery sometime in the next century :D

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Disagree. Impatient people wait in line in the absence of preorders.

#9 Napoleon PhoneApart, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Eh.... Yes you have a point, I guess I'm so impatient that I can't even wait lol, wait! That would probably make me lazy; not impatient :D

11. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

I have waited in line for 3 phones! I plan to get there around 4 am!

Sent using iCafe app

12. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I've waited in line before and it's not that I'm impatient but that it's tradition that I get one on launch day. Oh who am I kidding! I'm impatient. Lol

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Did any of you Johnny-come-latelys own the original iPhone or the 3G? You would have had to pass them up because you didn't want to camp out. :p