How many iPhones will come out in the future?

S

Saffron Thea

i'm planning to get an iPhone 3G S, but then i thought maybe a new and better iPhone will probably come up soon. so does anybody know if another iPhone or how many more are going to come out?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
They will probably release a new iPhone every summer until there is some kind of iPocketPlasmaTV. Basically it will keep coming out until it can be replaced by something similar and right now, there doesn't seem to be anything to take its place.
I think the iPods will eventually be replaced by the iPhone though.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I sure there will be a new one every summer, what gen iPod are we on now?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I heard that there bringing out a 173Gb iPhone 6G. It will be released in 36days. You don't have to worry about signal as it uses satellite's as well. It comes in a variety of different colours. The camera is 12.3MP with a OLED screen pumping out 1080p with Dolby 9.2 surround sound. It is linked to the owner via there DNA fingerprint, added to stop petty criminals stealing your phones. You can theme as standard and there's no need for MMS anymore as it has holographic video calls, so you feel as if your actually there...

It's a good site, it's updated every 7-14months, there are currently 2 followers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I heard that there bringing out a 173Gb iPhone 6G. It will be released in 36days. You don't have to worry about signal as it uses satellite's as well. It comes in a variety of different colours. The camera is 12.3MP with a OLED screen pumping out 1080p with Dolby 9.2 surround sound. It is linked to the owner via there DNA fingerprint, added to stop petty criminals stealing your phones. You can theme as standard and there's no need for MMS anymore as it has holographic video calls, so you feel as if your actually there...

It's a good site, it's updated every 7-14months, there are currently 2 followers.
That's the biggest bunch of newbie-baiting, misleading crap I've heard in quite some time!

Why do you even bother to do this?!

It's 180Gb, not 173Gb!

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
That's the biggest bunch of newbie-baiting, misleading crap I've heard in quite some time!

Why do you even bother to do this?!

It's 180Gb, not 173Gb!
My bad.

I was in such a rush to give something back to the world. I must have pressed the wrong keys in a mad typing frenzy. I will endeavor to provide up to date factual detailed information on this wonderful internet website.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
42 new iPhones will be released. One each spring/summer until we ______________________________________________________?

Jun 12, 2009
as long as Apple keeps getting suckers to spend 700 dollars on a new iPhone just because they cant wait for the upgrade when there contract expire, Apple will be launching phones until the end of days,

and NO, the 3GS is not worth upgrading, i don't think 700 dollars for a faster processor and a video camera is DEFENETLY NOT WORTH IT,

just wait for the next gen iPhone, and of course, if its worth upgrading

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
yes of course, my opinion:)
And I happen to agree with it. ;)

I am waiting for summer 2010. We already know there's a prototype iPhone out from the Chinese suicide story. I expect more changes than just Ram upgrades and a fancy video camera (one of two features of which have been available on the iPhone for a long time to the jailbroken community.) Give me video conferening, extended battery life, a revamped look, an oled screen and a 4 inch display (yes, it can be done) and it will become the hottest selling phone ever.

Jun 12, 2009
And I happen to agree with it. ;)

I am waiting for summer 2010. We already know there's a prototype iPhone out from the Chinese suicide story. I expect more changes than just Ram upgrades and a fancy video camera (one of two features of which have been available on the iPhone for a long time to the jailbroken community.) Give me video conferening, extended battery life, a revamped look, an oled screen and a 4 inch display (yes, it can be done) and it will become the hottest selling phone ever.
wow i agree completly with you, ram upgrade its nothing to me, the video camera has been in Cydia FOREVER, i don't see the point and interest that people see in the 3GS, it looks like they don't know what to do with there money or they don't have a life to spend that much on a cellphone, for me, the S stands for SUCKS

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
To be fair, the video recording apps for the non-3GS models don't come close to the native app on the 3GS.

And, the 3GS is much faster than the 3G. It's obvious that you haven't spent much time with the 3GS. I could never go back to my old dog of a 3G now.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
as long as Apple keeps getting suckers to spend 700 dollars on a new iPhone just because they cant wait for the upgrade when there contract expire, Apple will be launching phones until the end of days,

and NO, the 3GS is not worth upgrading, i don't think 700 dollars for a faster processor and a video camera is DEFENETLY NOT WORTH IT,

just wait for the next gen iPhone, and of course, if its worth upgrading
What a foolish statement. It is well worth it. You didn't include all the upgrades and it's 4x faster. It does not cost $700 to upgrade every year. It costs $400/$500. I know because I bought a 3G in July 08 and then I upgraded to a 32 GB 3GS in June 09 and it cost me $500. You get a partial subsidization. I'm not paying over $100 a month either, my bill is $70 a month. Anyway, the reality is that you can upgrade for free, or really close to it, every year by selling your old one for around $400. IMO, you're the sucker for not upgrading for free.