How many iPhones

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Just read a post where someone is now on their 3rd iPhone and that's just been since November something...was just wondering how many you have been through since you first got yours? Cause I bought 3 on iday and still have those original 3, haven't really had any issues with any of them to have to return any. :)

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Just read a post where someone is now on their 3rd iPhone and that's just been since November something...was just wondering how many you have been through since you first got yours? Cause I bought 3 on iday and still have those original 3, haven't really had any issues with any of them to have to return any. :)
I read where someone is on his 6th iPhone.

What is happening is when people take their phones in to be replaced, Apple is giving them a phone in a white box. These are RE-FURBISHED and there lies the problem. Each time that member took his phone in they gave him a re-furb each time.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I read where someone is on his 6th iPhone.

What is happening is when people take their phones in to be replaced, Apple is giving them a phone in a white box. These are RE-FURBISHED and there lies the problem. Each time that member took his phone in they gave him a re-furb each time.
The real question then is how to take the re-furbs permanently out of circulation so that they stop causing people grief.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I've had mine since iday. It works perfectly.
Yeah, I guess this is my point...have some people just exchanged theirs because they THINK there was something wrong with it when in fact that's just the way the iPhone is....example:someone exchanges theirs because they think the speaker or the volume is too low when actually that's just the norm for the iPhone.. See what I'm saying?

bo7e1se

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Coal City, IL
www.myspace.com
send in?

ok heres a question. i ordered my iPhone on iday and got it a week later. it worked fine for a few months, the the ear speaker went out. i sent it in and they sent me a service iPhone until they sent mine back. i was sent one in a box that looks like the original iPhone box just not as tall. did i receive a new iPhone or a refurb? and another question: if i send mine in now just like i did before, will i get a new or refurbished iPhone?
thank you in advance for any help

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
ok heres a question. i ordered my iPhone on iday and got it a week later. it worked fine for a few months, the the ear speaker went out. i sent it in and they sent me a service iPhone until they sent mine back. i was sent one in a box that looks like the original iPhone box just not as tall. did i receive a new iPhone or a refurb? and another question: if i send mine in now just like i did before, will i get a new or refurbished iPhone?
thank you in advance for any help

That is hard say. When you say "sent mine back", was that your original one, did you check the serial numbers?

If you send it in maybe you should put a letter with it and tell them what you expect is not a refurbished phone.

bo7e1se

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Coal City, IL
www.myspace.com
That is hard say. When you say "sent mine back", was that your original one, did you check the serial numbers?

If you send it in maybe you should put a letter with it and tell them what you expect is not a refurbished phone.
the iPhone they sent back to me was not my own. it had different serial and imei. i want to send mine in because the sensor that shuts the screen off when you hold it up to your ear doesn't work all the time, so i put people on hold randomly. AHH i don't know what to do!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
the iPhone they sent back to me was not my own. it had different serial and imei. i want to send mine in because the sensor that shuts the screen off when you hold it up to your ear doesn't work all the time, so i put people on hold randomly. AHH i don't know what to do!

Well send it in with a letter, and tell the people on hold that you want a Brand new phone.

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Well send it in with a letter, and tell the people on hold that you want a Brand new phone.
My wife and I are both on our first iPhone thankfully!

I'm curious as to what everyone's issue is with refurbished iPhones? As I understand it, giving a refurbished product as a replacement to a defective one after a certain period of time is a common practice in the electronics industry. That being said, if I had a product that died within the first month or two I would certainly expect a brand-new replacement.

I purchase a huge amount of apple-refurbished computers every year. Hundreds. And that's for my work, guys...I don't use them as furniture! We see no more incidents of defective refurbished gear than we do with brand new gear. Nor have we noticed long-term issues to be any greater. Granted this is with computers and I have zero experience with refurb iPhones, but I'm curious as to the concern with them?

I do recall getting a refurbed Aluminum PowerBook that was shipped with nothing printed on the keys...hard to imagine how that one passed QC! I should have kept it and sold it on eBay!

-Phil

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
A reburbished phone is a broken phone that was repaired, maybe somebody dropped that phone or whatever. do you want that? I bought a new phone and it is still pristine. If I had to replace it then I want nothing else but a new one. The warranty states that they replace it with a new one, not a refurb.

My wife and I are both on our first iPhone thankfully!

I'm curious as to what everyone's issue is with refurbished iPhones? As I understand it, giving a refurbished product as a replacement to a defective one after a certain period of time is a common practice in the electronics industry. That being said, if I had a product that died within the first month or two I would certainly expect a brand-new replacement.

I purchase a huge amount of apple-refurbished computers every year. Hundreds. And that's for my work, guys...I don't use them as furniture! We see no more incidents of defective refurbished gear than we do with brand new gear. Nor have we noticed long-term issues to be any greater. Granted this is with computers and I have zero experience with refurb iPhones, but I'm curious as to the concern with them?

I do recall getting a refurbed Aluminum PowerBook that was shipped with nothing printed on the keys...hard to imagine how that one passed QC! I should have kept it and sold it on eBay!

-Phil

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
A reburbished phone is a broken phone that was repaired, maybe somebody dropped that phone or whatever. do you want that? I bought a new phone and it is still pristine. If I had to replace it then I want nothing else but a new one. The warranty states that they replace it with a new one, not a refurb.
See that would be my problem if I had to take mine in or send it in, I would not want a refrub cause you really don't know why that phone was sent in for. Thats kind of like buying something used....you are get someone elses headache..

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
But since I have had my iPhone since iday if I did have to send it in or take it in, they wouldn't even consider giving me a new one cause it was bought like almost 7 months ago would they?...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
But since I have had my iPhone since iday if I did have to send it in or take it in, they wouldn't even consider giving me a new one cause it was bought like almost 7 months ago would they?...

Wrong! Your warranty is for one year from the date of purchase, so within that time you are covered for a new one.

Also you can continue the coverage for $69 for another year as long as you do it a few days before the orig purchase date.