How many iPods have you purchased?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How many iPods (any model) have you purchased (for yourself or for shared use)?

• none

Votes: 8 12.7%

Votes: 12 19.0%

Votes: 14 22.2%

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • 4+

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
Mar 20, 2007
How many iPods have you owned/purchased?

The question should read, "How many iPods (in any model/configuration) have you *owned/purchased* for your own personal use (including those purchased for shared use, as long as you're one of the primary users)? Include those you've received as gifts, but not ones you've given to others as gifts.

See the poll above and vote! Isn't democracy swell?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I have owned 3 so far.

My first was a 40GB 3G. When my mom expressed an interest, I gave it to her and bought a 40GB 4G. Recently I bought a 8GB Nano and sold my 4G to a cousin. IMHO, the battery life and size of the Nano can't be beat :).

JHMirage

May 12, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I got a 10GB 2G iPod for my birthday shortly after they came out. It's still running fine, though the battery life isn't what it used to be. I can still get about 2 hours of continuous playback time with it. (Enough for me to mow the lawn and walk the dog before I have to recharge it.)

At any rate, I feel like I'm due for an upgrade... so an 8GB iPhone will do nicely.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I got a 10GB 2G iPod for my birthday shortly after they came out. It's still running fine, though the battery life isn't what it used to be. I can still get about 2 hours of continuous playback time with it. (Enough for me to mow the lawn and walk the dog before I have to recharge it.)

At any rate, I feel like I'm due for an upgrade... so an 8GB iPhone will do nicely.
In case you are not aware, there are several places online that sell replacement battery kits. They include the battery (usually with more capacity than the original), tools and instructions for replacing the battery yourself. I bought one of these for my 3G iPod. I think I payed $25 for it. It was surprisingly easy to install.

JHMirage

May 12, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
In case you are not aware, there are several places online that sell replacement battery kits. They include the battery (usually with more capacity than the original), tools and instructions for replacing the battery yourself. I bought one of these for my 3G iPod. I think I payed $25 for it. It was surprisingly easy to install.
That's good to hear... I knew such kits existed, but somehow I always assumed they'd be much more expensive.

Even if I only pass this iPod off to my wife, that's something I'll definitely look into.

Thanks!

May 6, 2007
United States
As of now, I am still barely hanging on to my silver iPod MINI. It is the only one I have had, and it barely turns on anymore. When it does, the battery lasts 20-30 minutes on average. So, I basically listen to most of my music on my computer. Now you see one reason that I want the iPhone pretty darn bad. :laugh2:

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I've had two. The first was a 4Gen 40 gig that eventually crapped out on me. I bought a new 5Gen 80gig video and it was stolen 2 weeks after getting it :mad:. So that is another factor into why I'm getting an iPhone. Can anyone tell me if you have more music then the ipod can handle how do you choose to import what the the ipod?

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i held out on an ipod until the 60gb video came out... the one and only ipod i own... well not counting the iPhone but hell thats a phone...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I had a 2GB white nano as my first and last Christmas got the 8GB Product Red nano. Shame it only got 7 months of use. iPhone took it's place for the most part. Now it's just an external hard drive for me.