How many Moto Razr's Sold at Launch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MBHockey

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Undoubtedly, Apple will release numbers for the iPhone launch soon. I'm just curious if anyone has hard numbers on other popular consumer devices sold at launch. I could only find numbers for Wii, PS3, and xbox...none come even close to the projections from analysts for the half million iPhones sold this past weekend....but i'd like to compare Apples to Apples ;)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Undoubtedly, Apple will release numbers for the iPhone launch soon. I'm just curious if anyone has hard numbers on other popular consumer devices sold at launch. I could only find numbers for Wii, PS3, and xbox...none come even close to the projections from analysts for the half million iPhones sold this past weekend....but i'd like to compare Apples to Apples ;)
It wouldn't even be close. I don't have the numbers, but I can't imagine it would be 500K like the iPhone did in the first weekend.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
all i know is i had a razr and the thing sucked....it was just like any other cell phone, nothing stood out at all... only it was skinny....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
...Which is why it'd be fun to compare!

:)
Well, I'll tell you this. I bought my RAZR in June '05. It was released in October of '04. When I bought mine, I was the only person I knew that had one and that was 8 months after release.

Now with the iPhone it's only been out three days and I already know two other people that have them (both IT guys in my school district). I think today when people go back to work, the iPhone will become a must have commodity. Once the other people at work see this device, they will have to have one. Look for it to become the new "trendy" phone now. Every celebrity will have one. Watch and see.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
Once the other people at work see this device, they will have to have one.
true. already happened for me. i should get a commission from Apple for how many people i have sold Apple products to. i have 2 or 3 who are buying iPhones as soon as they are in stock (here) again.