How many of you edit your posts immediately after making them?

Do you edit your post post-haste?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I find often that I hit the submit button and then immediately go over it and edit it almost all of the time after making a new post. I am not sure why I don't just wait longer before hitting submit to get all the editing done beforehand, but I suppose the psychological difference is that my proofreading/revising thought process only kicks off when the post is already out there and visible to the general public.

I've been like that ever since I started on bulletin boards over 10 years ago (at the tender young age of 13). My first was a Quake 3 board running Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.something, and that board showed the "[This message was last edited by fury on 04/23/1999]" notice at the end of every edit, even if it was made within a couple minutes, so a lot of my posts would end up with that message. (As a joke, sometimes, I would even manually type in the edit notice and put a date in the future to see if I'd catch anyone off guard)

How many of you edit your posts post-haste after posting them in too much haste? :laugh2:

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I only edit if I wrote something wrong or something that would offend somebody,

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
I usually do that if im not completely happy with my post...which is 90% of the time. lol

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i won't say i've never, but rarely. i can't be bothered to care that much. i'll edit if i feel i've been unnecessarily harsh.

ask kisstine.

if you can find her.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i don't know what you're talking about...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
lol hips...

Yeah, I do it all the time. Gets awkward in a quick-moving thread when you get quoted immediately. For that reason alone, I'm trying to cut down on it.

H

Hayesimus

I only edit if I wrote something wrong or something that would offend somebody,

well it would be weird if you edited something for being correct or if you complemented somebody.... :p

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I am a repeat offender of the topic in discussion.

I post, and them proof-read, then make changes...either correcting grammar, toning down the message, or toning it UP in some instances, depending on the D.B. I am directing my comments at.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Only if my posts sounds like I just drank two cups of Henny and Some Brugal with Orange Juice and a Corona.

rmfnla

Bronze
I do frequently, but mostly because I'm such a poor typist and often miss the typos first time out.

<edit> Don't you hate when your post is #11 (or 21 or whatever) and goes onto the next page..?

H

Hayesimus

actually, I hate it when I post the last post on a page and then someone else posts at the same time so then when people click on the thread to see new activity they often go to the last page and totally miss my post! :( :p