How many of you had added ringtones?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

greeky83

Jun 27, 2007
Theres like tutorials EVERYWHERE now and Im just wondering you how many of you guys have it done and Im just kinda scared to try it Im afraid Im going to mess it up somehow and have a non working phone.

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Theres like tutorials EVERYWHERE now and Im just wondering you how many of you guys have it done and Im just kinda scared to try it Im afraid Im going to mess it up somehow and have a non working phone.

go 2 iPhoneringtonemaker.com and download that program it does it for u so u wont have 2 trip u get 3 free ringtones for the trial then u can purchase the program =] try it:laugh2:

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
well i modded my iPhone for ringtones for 6 songs. but then after the update, it required me to restore the iPhone and install the update, after ward all the modded ringtones are gone, and now im just gonna keep the default ringtones, because if the next update come, i don't wanna sit through 10 mins to restore it again:laugh2:

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
don't be scared dude if anything happens you can always do a restore. I modded my icons and a bunch of other stuff. I was scared too but now my phone is unique!

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
well i modded my iPhone for ringtones for 6 songs. but then after the update, it required me to restore the iPhone and install the update, after ward all the modded ringtones are gone, and now im just gonna keep the default ringtones, because if the next update come, i don't wanna sit through 10 mins to restore it again:laugh2:
Using the iPhone ringtone maker app - got two loaded. The update didn't touch 'em. They're still there, and the ringtone maker still works.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
isn't the iPhone ringtone maker only for PC?

When I was on there they said the program for mac would be out soon. but I haven't been back to the web site.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
If you have OS X get iFuntastic. You can do ringtones, rearrange your icons and change your carrier logo all for free. It couldn't be any easier to do too.

PARADA6

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
well, i added some ringtones last night through ifuntastic. then i did a restore, my notes, map bookmarks, youtube bookmarks, alarm settings, clock settings, weather settings are gone.
so i'm not gonna mod my phone anymore unless there's a way to preserve all the settings in my phone. besides, i don't want my phone goes in and out jail anymore.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
well, i added some ringtones last night through ifuntastic. then i did a restore, my notes, map bookmarks, youtube bookmarks, alarm settings, clock settings, weather settings are gone.
so i'm not gonna mod my phone anymore unless there's a way to preserve all the settings in my phone. besides, i don't want my phone goes in and out jail anymore.
The same thing happened to me. I had ringtones from ifuntastic and lost everything he said. I heard iPhoneringtonemaker ringtones stay on your phone after you update.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i just downloaded the iPhoneringtonemaker trail
useed it for 3 of my favorite song and then im done
i still have the sofware on my computer, but didn't delete it because i think after i delete it, all my ringtones (3) will be deleted also
for now im just gonna use those 3 ringtones and nothing else. the sofware works amazing though:p

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I also used ringtone maker, and had no problems. I did it prior to the update, and all ringtones are still there working just fine.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
First, the iPhone is a computer and made to be minipulated. Hence, Apple's support of third party apps. Second, there was NOT "software" in the update that deleted hacks. That just happens with an update. Plus my ringtones were'nt deleted anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Huh? A restore does that, restore your iPhone. I expect Apple will add these items to sync operation in the future. Your iPhone without ever modding may require a restore due to some software glitch. It could happen. Believe me it is not because of the ringtone additions. Like others have said - the iPhoneringtonemaker application is simple to use and is a very minimal "hack" of your iPhone. There are much bigger hacks, like putting DOOM on the iPhone. AND the ringtones remained after the 101 update using iPhoneringtonemaker app, but - hehe - not after a restore.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
First, the iPhone is a computer and made to be minipulated. Hence, Apple's support of third party apps. Second, there was NOT "software" in the update that deleted hacks. That just happens with an update. Plus my ringtones were'nt deleted anyway.
Hacking or not hacking ones phone is a matter of personal choice. I for one do not support the thinking that it is "made to be manipulated" (correct spelling).

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Not helping

I used I phone Ring Tone and it works so great. You do not have to hack the phone. Its only $10.00

http://www.efksoft.com/products/index.htm
It (Ring Tone) only works on the PC at this time, so it's not going to work for Greeky. iFuntastic is easy. I did have to restore my iPhone after the update and my ringtones were gone, but I put them back in a few minutes after relaunching iFuntastic. It's easy to do, it doesn't mess up anything, it's FREE.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm not savvy about these things, but can't you run a pc emulator on mac and use the ringtone maker?
if you're not savvy about those things, it will be a lot easier to use iFuntastic on the Mac than a pc emulator. I run Parallels on my fancy 8-core MacPro, but 9 times out of 10, Parallels doesn't recognize the iPhone, then I get the "gray curtain of death" more often than not while trying to install a PC app on my iPhone. Why not run iFuntastic in 10 minutes and not crash instead? Surely, it will be less harmful than messing up with 2 imcompatible systems.