How many people are already bored with their iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Personally I'm looking for another phone now. The iPhone is great, but I don't know if I find it worth keeping in the long run. email is a pain in the ass, and all the rest of the stuff is kind of like "whatever" now.

Is a great leap forward? yes, but it's just a little too precious for me now.

The fact that I'm in Canada and I have to spend all this energy on the hack and keeping up, only to have Apple tell me that my $600 purchase may be worthless with the next update...well, that might be the last straw.

Thoughts?

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
well you shouldn't have bought it in the first place knowing the risks that youll face. go buy the nokia N95
Thanks for your stupid comment. Please drive through!

I love the phone and wonder how many other people are experiencing a kind of let down, and perhaps frustrated that it doesn't quite fit as well with real life as it should.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Personally I'm looking for another phone now. The iPhone is great, but I don't know if I find it worth keeping in the long run. email is a pain in the ass, and all the rest of the stuff is kind of like "whatever" now.

The fact that I'm in Canada and I have to spend all this energy on the hack and keeping up, only to have Apple tell me that my $600 purchase may be worthless with the next update...well, that might be the last straw.

Thoughts?
yes, the iPhone like, sucks and stuff, send it my way, I'll do you a favor and dispose of this junk...

:p

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007

Thoughts?
Well from the start you should have realized that having a phone that is not supported in your country would have it's short comings. If you are worried about the new update preventing you from unlocking the phone again. Do not update until others can confirm what the new update will do and the future of unlocking software.

- Garrett

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Personally I'm looking for another phone now. The iPhone is great, but I don't know if I find it worth keeping in the long run. email is a pain in the ass, and all the rest of the stuff is kind of like "whatever" now. Thoughts?
Brilliant, I Agree, Well Said!
Once the newness wears off, it's just another device, with a mediocre phone at best. Other operations take far to many "finger strokes" just to impress someone.

It certainly doesn't impress me. I dumped mine on eBay and felt better right away. Especially since I got most of my money back, as I sold it before Steve lost it, and hacked the price by a couple hundred bucks. Thereby shafting the loyal cult of mac. Poor people....so sad.

vicknik

Sep 26, 2007
I find it hard to believe that the people on this thread are bored when they seem so easily amuzed. Clearly, the admin of this forum believes in freedom of speech rather than productive dialog... its an interesting diversion from the Apple forums.

I've been working with portable devices for many years and I am very impressed with the iPhone and the ipod touch. Very curious to what its being compared to but am pretty sure theres nothing useful thats going to come out of my inquiry.

I'm going to go to a more productive thread - I'm bored with this one.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
Brilliant, I Agree, Well Said!
Once the newness wears off, it's just another device, with a mediocre phone at best. Other operations take far to many "finger strokes" just to impress someone.

It certainly doesn't impress me. I dumped mine on eBay and felt better right away. Especially since I got most of my money back, as I sold it before Steve lost it, and hacked the price by a couple hundred bucks. Thereby shafting the loyal cult of mac. Poor people....so sad.
Is it me or does anyone else find it odd that maclaptopuser got rid of his iPhone yet still feels it necessary to post 193 times on a forum about iPhones? :rolleyes:

This dude's got 100 more post's than me and I love my iPhone and use it every day. I read this forum everyday and my interest in the iPhone and my joy in what it can do has never lessened.

Kinda weird if you ask me.
If I was dissatisfied or bored with a product and got rid of it my interest level about wanting to post about said product would be gone too.

The poor guy dosn't even have an iPhone anymore yet he still posts on an iPhone forum poor guy....so sad

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
How can you be bored with it? are you not using it? I use it everyday to Listen to music, Make phone calls, send text messages, Browse the internet, look up youtube videos, catch up on tv shows, check the weather, and occasionally get directions and get mail every now on then seeing who left a comment on my facebook/myspace etc.Its my alarm clock. I use the Apollo To chat with my friends. And I take pictures with my camera, Do all of this everyday. I don't care about any other phone that does the same thing cause this phone has done it all the best way for me.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Still loving it as much as I did on day one.

You should have guessed that having a phone not supported in your country and having to hack it would cause issues.

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
How can you be bored with it? are you not using it? I use it everyday to Listen to music, Make phone calls, send text messages, Browse the internet, look up youtube videos, catch up on tv shows, check the weather, and occasionally get directions and get mail every now on then seeing who left a comment on my facebook/myspace etc.Its my alarm clock. I use the Apollo To chat with my friends. And I take pictures with my camera, Do all of this everyday. I don't care about any other phone that does the same thing cause this phone has done it all the best way for me.
Like you I find my iPhone to be a great deal of fun.

If you serve ten people filet mignon and all the trimmings and you'll find at least one or two that find room for complaint.

The subjective opinions both pro and con on the iPhone are, like most opinions, of little value to those that disagree and of slightly greater value to those that agree. Yet we are compelled to give our opinion as if it is the final word and the holy grail of informative discourse, funny eh?

Like so many others on this forum I really enjoy and appreciate my iPhone, even with it's eccentricities, in fact I find the minor downsides to be unifying in a sense. We are a bit like the pitchfork weilding mob outside of Dr. Frankenstein's castle, demanding the monster be slain. "GIVE US CUT AND PASTE!", we howl and shout. :)

Those that are unhappy, well there are plenty of other choices for cell phone gadgetry out there... happy hunting. For those that are happy, welcome to a moment of enjoyment, may it last long enough to see you through to the first significant update. :D

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
well you shouldn't have bought it in the first place knowing the risks that youll face. go buy the nokia N95
Why are you upset that he bought it? Why does it matter to you that he's bored?

I'm just not sure I understand this emotion/reaction that I see here repeatedly. It's like if someone decided that they no longer liked your favorite restaurant and your reaction was to say to them: "you shouldn't have gone there in the first place!". Do you see how silly that sounds?

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
I enjoy my phone as well. I am a computer / tech geek at heart and love it. I have had other pda phones and recently had an htc apache phone that died on me. The iPhone was a replacement and I have never looked back. The funny thing is, I was able to revive my htc apache and get it working and load up the new Windows mobile 6 on it. I am glade I bought the iPhone. The screen is so much better and it just feels much faster. I have my phone loaded up with the 3rd party apps and it makes the phone even better. Everyday I look forward to seeing what is new or have been updated to take advantage of. Yes, it does have it's issues, but every phone does. I believe that this phone has a lot of potential and give credit to everyone who is putting their time and effort into making applications and mods to make it even better.

- Garrett

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Now that was well said! Now if only this thing had a bathroom

robby69

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I have had mine for 2-weeks and love it. If you bought an iPhone as a status thing simply for the phone, then I can see why you might be disappointed.

I bought it because it replaces my phone, ipod, portable DVD player and I am online whenever I want.

If you are an internet junkie then the iPhone is for you.

khoazilla

Sep 9, 2007
i use mine all day everyday as a phone and as an ipod, and i use it to surf the net more than i do on my computer. the camera is not to shabby so i use that quite often. i like to be able to surf the net and look for directions when i'm out and about. i know there 'other' devices that can surf the net and give you directions, my free phone from tmobile could, but nothing delivers a user experience similar to the iPhone, nothing.

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I think it is a neat toy but that's all.

Luckily I got mine for free (raffle)

I will continue to use it in the hopes that Apple makes it better because I do think it is a great concept and that it does have some nice features. It seriously lacks in other areas though. Email is awful for one, a lot of the settings lack as well. What phone doesn't allow you to change your sms ring tone or the sms volume without having to modify it?

I just came from a blackberry which has amazing email support and settings galore. On the BB I could create as many different sound profiles as I wanted with different ranges of ringtones and volumes and that is just one example.

I have gotten a lot more enjoyment out of the iPhone once I installed apptapp and started modifying it but this is the first phone I have had to do serious modding to in order to get some of the functionality that it should have out of the box.

And the next update is for iTunes wifi? Who cares? I don't even use iTunes. Before they roll out more gimics they need to work on making it on par with a lot of other phones out in the market.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I have to throw my opinion in here as well, even though I doubt anyone cares. I love my iPhone. There I said it, I am not sure if I feel better or not. I have been a devoted Windows Fanboy for years, using all manner of WinMo devices, and the iPhone has really got me looking at how I use my phone and use it in a different way. I tried to use my Treo 750 again, and it actually seemed sluggish and cumbersome. The iPhone actually makes me think of giving a Macbook a try. I used to have a Powerbook and sold it, long story and I miss it very much.

People's opinions on whether or not they like the iPhone all stem from different personalities and how they use their devices. For some people that do nothing but hack, the iPhone really hasn't gotten off the ground yet compared to the hacks that you can do on WinMo phones. Some people are just gadget freaks and need a new device every month, I was that way till I got my iPhone. We also have to admit that there are some people out there that just plain will not or would never like the iPhone no matter what you do or say. I respect someone's opinion and feelings that they are tired of the iPhone, I would just argue their reason for being tired. If they still wanna change, let them, its their money! I actually have a buddy of mine almsot talked into getting an iPhone, and for him it would be perfect, but once again, its the owner/future owner's descision.

I am just saying that we should respect all opinions here, we don't want to turn into one of those forums where people bash each other for asking questions. This is a community of helpful people and a place to possibly make a new friend, hey ya never know, Right?

my $.02