how many scratches do you have on your iPhone?

rcclcruise

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
No scratches on the screen or the back, just some small ones on the outer portion of the screen, in the shinny area, caused by some cheap rubber case I should have never bought.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
The only part of my iPhone that is scratched is the chrome bezel, but it doesn't bother me because the only way that that won't scratch is if you never take the phone out of the box.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I got 2 big scratches on the screen, A few lil ones on the top of the screen, A lot of scratches on the back, and the chrome all scratch up. Today I went out to feed my Dog at night , And Accedantly drop my iPhone out in the dirt.

After searching all over my house and car, I retraced my steps and found it outside covered in dirt...It was wet outside too, Lucky for me it works well, and the only downside are the scratches. Anyone know how to remove scratches from the glass? The back I don't really care for.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
My chrome bezel is scratched up and I also have a light 2mm scratch on the screen...probably from some girls earring or something. Neither really bother me.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
So far I have no scratches and I'm trying to keep it scratch free.

Last edited by a moderator:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
My chrome bezel is scratched up and I also have a light 2mm scratch on the screen...probably from some girls earring or something. Neither really bother me.

Good point here about ear rings. If men and women have diamond studs you risk the chance of a scratch even tho it is optical glass screen.

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
No scratches on the screen or the back, just some small ones on the outer portion of the screen, in the shinny area, caused by some cheap rubber case I should have never bought.

Here...here...Not the case though, just wear and tear.

This the cast I use with no issues but I am a light to medium user:

Last edited by a moderator:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
zero, i just got it dec 24th :)
Cool and welcome! :)

The chrome bezel seems to scratch the easiest. My iPhone needed to be replaced (minor defect) and I immediately put the new one in an incase. Recently I took it out because some water got near it and found the back of the iPhone has some minor scratches. My best guess is that something got behind the case and rubbed into the back because the case was on it. Like the old "bras" that folks put on the front of their cars.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
yeah i bought this rubber case from the att store, its the 1 that can hold you headphones but i didn't like it. so i went to the Apple store and found this clear hard case for the phone, which comes with a holster to. and thats what keeps my phone from getting scratched up. Love the phone and forum so far.