How many software shortcuts are allowed?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Ron7624, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Ron7624

Ron7624 Member
    Bronze

I use keyboard shortcuts and I love them. I use them for typing certain email addresses mainly.
    I just got an iPad mini and they automatically synced over to it. That was cool... However, I only
    have five shortcuts and it seems I'm not allowed any more. When I create a new one it shows up while I'm creating it but as soon as I save it it's gone. Does anyone know if we can have more than five?

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Yes.

3. Ron7624

Ron7624 Member
    Bronze

Recently, I had tried 2 or 3 different times to do this, and it didn't save. Your encouragement caused me to try one more time. And it worked!
    I guess it's unlimited?
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

4. Ron7624

Ron7624 Member
    Bronze

So this gets stranger....
    After your 'word of encouragement' I went back to the shortcuts on my iPad, and all was intact and saved - about 8 of them. But after trying to use one of the new (beyond 5) shortcuts on the iPhone, it didn't work. So, I looked in Settings on the iPhone 4S it was only showing the 5 original shortcuts again.
    I immediately checked the mini for the shortcuts and all 8 were still there.
    Now, please understand, that since receiving the mini 4 days ago, I have worked diligently to have the iPhone and iPad both totally connected via the cloud. If I type a note, it is in both places. If i edit a contact is changes within seconds on the other device. the communication between the two devices is solid and works with everything that it should.
    So at that point, I was back to my original problem, but now only on one device.
    I added the 3 new shortcuts on to the iPhone again. I then went to other endeavors for a few minutes.
    I checked the 3 new shortcuts on the iPhone again just before bed time and they were gone again. I decided to give up, but I thought it might be a cloud problem for whatever reason and I plugged in my devices for the night, but did not put them to sleep. I left the home screen lit up and went to bed.
    This morning, I woke the both devices synced with every shortcut that I added and duplicate entries from yesterdays session.
    So, I guess it all works via the cloud, but the updating is not within seconds like everything else that syncs with the cloud.
    All this from
    "Yes."

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app