How many times do you clean your screen in 1 day?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

camtheram

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Colorado
I usually clean mine once a day. I do a moist towel clean around 2-3 times a week. It certainly does become a chore to keep the iPhone lookin' good. I don't use a case or screen protector either. I think it looks better.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
To me, having a screen protector, like Best Skins Ever, reduces the amount of skin grease that sticks to the screen. Witht the protector on, I don't wipe the screen nearly as often.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
I also have the screen protector, can't even tell it is on the phone.. Im anal so I wipe it a lot, its an unconscious action lol!

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I couch surf all day most days so my iPhone gets cleaned a lot just because I feel like looking at it. I use a cover/protector. 3 times a day MINIMUM and happy to do it.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I just clean it with my shirt whenever I see the screen is getting excessively dirty. usually about 2 times a day. Iam getting a screen protector soon so that should help keep my shirts clean lol

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Too many times

I just clean it with my shirt whenever I see the screen is getting excessively dirty. usually about 2 times a day. Iam getting a screen protector soon so that should help keep my shirts clean lol
I walk around with some special cleaning cloth and I use it dozens of times a day. Can't stand the sight of even 1 fingerprint on the screen.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
To me, having a screen protector, like Best Skins Ever, reduces the amount of skin grease that sticks to the screen. Witht the protector on, I don't wipe the screen nearly as often.
Of course, every time my 10 year old son "borrows" the phone, I have to clean it. That kid drips grease and dirt.

ron ll

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Has anyone seen any scratches or damage to the screen yet by wiping it carelessly on a shirt? I do that a lot and haven't seen any scratches yet.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Has anyone seen any scratches or damage to the screen yet by wiping it carelessly on a shirt? I do that a lot and haven't seen any scratches yet.
None here. the only place i have scratches is the silver border around the screen. I wipe mine constantly with my shirt, although smudges and prints are starting to bother me a little less the longer i have the phone.

Aug 3, 2007
I usually clean mine once a day. I do a moist towel clean around 2-3 times a week. It certainly does become a chore to keep the iPhone lookin' good. I don't use a case or screen protector either. I think it looks better.
Moist towel? is that really safe for the iPhone? I'm scared to get water on it--even though its only a moist towl... and when you mean moist towel, do you mean, moist paper towel, or like a baby-wipe, or a bath towel?

Thanks... I want to clean it, but scared about the water situation lol.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I swear I'm wiping it down after every use. I either wipe it on my pants or use my sunglass cloth (that works great). I have the screen protector on and you can't even tell it's there. I have noticed that it decreases the sensitivity on the screen just enough to help navigate websites without clicking on undesired links.

camtheram

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Colorado
Moist towel? is that really safe for the iPhone? I'm scared to get water on it--even though its only a moist towl... and when you mean moist towel, do you mean, moist paper towel, or like a baby-wipe, or a bath towel?

Thanks... I want to clean it, but scared about the water situation lol.
I use the cloth that came with my sunglasses. Once I run it under water, I squeeze the excess out and lay it down for a couple minutes just to make sure its not dripping wet. I turn the phone off wipe 1-2 times on each side then dry it with a dry version of the same cloth. Works great!

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
Like once with the cleaning cloth every 3 days or something it doesn't need to be clean that often since you can't notice the smudges on the screen unless the screen is off which it almost never is.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Here's a cool tip for people who have an aversion to greasy screens:

Sunglasses/Glasses pouches

My D&G prescription glasses came with a cloth pouch made from optical cloth, the kind used to clean lenses and such. I never used it until the day I got my iPhone.

Simply toss it inside the pouch and toss that into your coat pocket or pants pocket (front). From there, let gravity do the work. All that small jostling around will help clean the screen from inside the pouch :)

It won't come out sparkling clean every time, but in most cases it will look less greasy than it typically would.