How much can I get out of my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Iloveiphones, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

As I'm gearing for the iPad 3, I'm in deep trouble. The big boss probably won't let me get iPad 3, which I need badly. Kids are starting to catch up, and with the reduced price of the 2, kids will have a higher chance of them getting the 2, or even 3! I have about $150 in my home safe, but how much do you think I can get? 16GB black iPad 2 mint condition. ZAGG back protector on since beginning, smart cover accompanied a month later. There are a few small dings in the silver lining around the iPad. A 1/2CM rainbow scratch on the screen. Barely noticeable, only if you look for it. Doesn't appear in black Backround. The smart cover would be included, unless the 3 was comparable with the 3. Installed back protector already installed. How much do you think?

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Mac you can try http://www.gazelle.com/ or eBay. Why do feel a constant need to compete with having the hottest new Apple gadget? Your parents we're gracious enough to let you upgrade to the 4S, be happy with what you have for a change :)

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Of I was to sell it I'd sell it locally, to a teacher or someone. Gazelle said $230, that's really low IMO. I was thinking more like $425 or $450.

I need the constant upgrades because I am the Apple freak and genius at my school. Folks are starting to catch up. I'm already even with folks at my school, and the kids are starting to get iPad 2's. I need the 3.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

So this is a contest to beat your friends, not because you really need an iPad 3. Figures.

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

My day we used to settle it by playing kick ball. Not by who had the new NES game. Lol

6. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Not gonna lie, yes.

7. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

IMO I don't think you could get $450 for it, I think Apple sells refurbished ones for that much and once the 3 comes out the 2 will probably drop to $400 or so for the 16 Gig. Check out your local Craig's list site, with your parent's permission to see what they are going for. Good luck getting your mom's approval, she may buckle under your constant berating.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

8. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Thank you! I'm hoping the announcement to launch date is pretty big, so I have tons of time to talk her into it. Maybe $350, I think would be good. I just need about $535 for it total.

9. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Not too many in my area, but found one for $350 and another for $450 no accessories.