How much can I get out of my iPad?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
As I'm gearing for the iPad 3, I'm in deep trouble. The big boss probably won't let me get iPad 3, which I need badly. Kids are starting to catch up, and with the reduced price of the 2, kids will have a higher chance of them getting the 2, or even 3! I have about $150 in my home safe, but how much do you think I can get? 16GB black iPad 2 mint condition. ZAGG back protector on since beginning, smart cover accompanied a month later. There are a few small dings in the silver lining around the iPad. A 1/2CM rainbow scratch on the screen. Barely noticeable, only if you look for it. Doesn't appear in black Backround. The smart cover would be included, unless the 3 was comparable with the 3. Installed back protector already installed. How much do you think?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Mac you can try http://www.gazelle.com/ or eBay. Why do feel a constant need to compete with having the hottest new Apple gadget? Your parents we're gracious enough to let you upgrade to the 4S, be happy with what you have for a change :)

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
Of I was to sell it I'd sell it locally, to a teacher or someone. Gazelle said $230, that's really low IMO. I was thinking more like $425 or $450.

I need the constant upgrades because I am the Apple freak and genius at my school. Folks are starting to catch up. I'm already even with folks at my school, and the kids are starting to get iPad 2's. I need the 3.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
IMO I don't think you could get $450 for it, I think Apple sells refurbished ones for that much and once the 3 comes out the 2 will probably drop to $400 or so for the 16 Gig. Check out your local Craig's list site, with your parent's permission to see what they are going for. Good luck getting your mom's approval, she may buckle under your constant berating.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
IMO I don't think you could get $450 for it, I think Apple sells refurbished ones for that much and once the 3 comes out the 2 will probably drop to $400 or so for the 16 Gig. Check out your local Craig's list site, with your parent's permission to see what they are going for. Good luck getting your mom's approval, she may buckle under your constant berating.

Thank you! I'm hoping the announcement to launch date is pretty big, so I have tons of time to talk her into it. Maybe $350, I think would be good. I just need about $535 for it total.