How much can i upgrade?

Rooster

Jul 28, 2007
Hey there!

I got an iPhone when it was new and made it dialable through the method where you put your simcard-information onto a new simcard that makes the phone believe that it is a AT&T-cad when it's not. Whatever....the thin is that I have 1.0.1-software and that starts to get a bit boring.

So, with this method I used, how far can I upgrade the software without ruin the phone-functions on my iPhone?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
you can uprgrade all the way to 1.1.4 but you need to do all the reserch you can first. im not gona lie. it will be quit a task. good luck!

Rooster

Jul 28, 2007
you can uprgrade all the way to 1.1.4 but you need to do all the reserch you can first. im not gona lie. it will be quit a task. good luck!
What do you mean? Do you know what mthod I ment when I described it?

You seems to know a bit about it? What are the possible problems that may occur?

Is there any software/script that can help me through this progress quite painless?

I appreciate answers, thanks! :)

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
You can go to 1.1.4 - straight through. Then you can use ZiPhone 2.5c to unlock. jailbreak, install SSH all that good stuff. I can personally say that it's easy.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
don't know what method you're speaking of (most likely an out of date and antiquated one), but there are MANY routes you can now take. Search here and search some more.

And then search again.