How much could I get for a iPhone 3G 8gb?

ibodybuild

Bronze
Sep 21, 2008
Just out of curiosity, if I was to sell it how much could I get for it?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
On eBay, I think you could get around $400 for it if you're willing to ship worldwide. 16GB iPhones are going for $500 plus on eBay.

On Craigslist, you'll get much closer to the retail price and most likely less.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
Yeah I just sold both of mine, the 8 GB went for $450 and my white 16GB one went for $550

ibodybuild

Bronze
Sep 21, 2008
Hmm I guess as of now ebay is looking like the best place to sell the my iPhone... I'm actually gonna be willing to sell it for $500.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Just curious...how did you guys manage to wipe all info off the phone pertaining to you?
If its worldwide, how will the person beable to use it if it has a registered phone number already from AT&T.

I need more info on this, i may need to sell my iPhone 3g 16gig white, so i can just buy another one to work in London and not have an american number.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just curious...how did you guys manage to wipe all info off the phone pertaining to you?
If its worldwide, how will the person beable to use it if it has a registered phone number already from AT&T.
If you go to settings-general-reset, you will see "Erase All Content and Settings". This totally wipes the phone and puts a fresh firmware back on.
As to the phone #, NEVER sell a phone with the sim card. Always remove the sim. It is up to the buyer to supply their own sim.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I believe I left my SIM card in the phone I had sold. I am calling AT&T to make sure everything is shut off and what not.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
If you go to settings-general-reset, you will see "Erase All Content and Settings". This totally wipes the phone and puts a fresh firmware back on.
As to the phone #, NEVER sell a phone with the sim card. Always remove the sim. It is up to the buyer to supply their own sim.

I was told by Apple that the IMEI and serial numbers are locked to a specific phone number. So how are ppl able to sell them when the phone is locked to say 303-300-400.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I was told by Apple that the IMEI and serial numbers are locked to a specific phone number. So how are ppl able to sell them when the phone is locked to say 303-300-400.
Phone # is stored on the sim. That is why you always remove it if you sell the phone. Never leave a sim in a phone you are going to get rid of.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Oh... ok i wonder how much ill get for my 3g 16gig white. I may need to swap it out with Apple b/c it has 2 tiny cracks. One above the sim slot, the other in the corner of the vib swtich.

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver

I need more info on this, i may need to sell my iPhone 3g 16gig white, so i can just buy another one to work in London and not have an american number.
what i did when i sold mine was just to reset the phone on iTunes. because if the people your selling to are using it in iTunes just reset the phone then skip the sync. then when they get it they just put there sim card in and activate it like they would if it was new.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Alrighty... im hoping i can sell my 16gig and make like 600 or more, the unlocked one im hoping to buy needs to pay for itself mainly from the profit.

I paid exactly $316.84 the day i bought the phone from the Apple store.