How much data are you using per month?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
That would be better than what I currently have. On Verizon's loyalty program, it is $120+taxes for 3gb/unl talk/text.

How does AT&T's network compare to Verizon? That would be my only concern.
Verizon has better nationwide coverage but that doesn't matter to me because ATT has good coverage in my area and the only time I get little to no signal is out in the boondocks.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Well as far me. i have T-mobile unlimited and unthrottled data plan. for which i pay 80.00 a month. and use my phone from 6am to midnight 5 days a week. and use XBMC to watch everything from movies to all sports evnets like all NFL games NHL,MLB,NBA etc live and for free. so to say i use alot of data is a under-statment :)
I'd probably be using a lot more data if I had a slingbox or something similar.

Jdsmitty10

Bronze
Oct 19, 2010
The wife and I have high months where I get the 90% warning for my 3gig plan(1gb paid, 2 free gb for two yrs for upgrading to the 6). But now I found out my work wifi(and how to log in everyday and use it) so now I won't even come close which is nice so I can use it more freely on a daily basis...

Sent using iCafe app

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I'd probably be using a lot more data if I had a slingbox or something similar.
why not use XBMC? or if you want i have a sling box pro HD. that i haven't used in years. and is almost used i would be will to part with for a very small price. let me know if this is something that interest you.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Well as far me. i have T-mobile unlimited and unthrottled data plan. for which i pay 80.00 a month. and use my phone from 6am to midnight 5 days a week. and use XBMC to watch everything from movies to all sports evnets like all NFL games NHL,MLB,NBA etc live and for free. so to say i use alot of data is a under-statment :)
Do you use the wifi unleashed service with T-Mobile?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
If your talking about the calls via wifi. Then yes i use it only because my note4 has toggle built in for that. But for watching tv I just use my unlimited 4g LTE data

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
If your talking about the calls via wifi. Then yes i use it only because my note4 has toggle built in for that. But for watching tv I just use my unlimited 4g LTE data
I'm waiting for more carrier support. It's got to save on your phone bill each month.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Wife - 5.8 Gb
Me - 1.1 Gb

We're about half way through billing cycle. Mine used to be lots more till they put in wifi at the gym.
You may have to get rid of the wife. :D

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
why not use XBMC? or if you want i have a sling box pro HD. that i haven't used in years. and is almost used i would be will to part with for a very small price. let me know if this is something that interest you.
Really. PM me with more info.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
No wifi available where she spends her time and my son often "borrows" the phone and streams Netflix or YouTube ...
I see. I'm now trying to stay on wifi all the time or not use phone if I'm not. My mom though obviously is out and about so she uses the data but not much at all.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I see. I'm now trying to stay on wifi all the time or not use phone if I'm not. My mom though obviously is out and about so she uses the data but not much at all.
Gotta keep tabs on those old broads!!! Lots of data. Mine is 85. Slowing down a little. Don't do a wine contest though.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Gotta keep tabs on those old broads!!! Lots of data. Mine is 85. Slowing down a little. Don't do a wine contest though.
I've been helping my mom out as I'm still on phone bill. As long as we don't hit over 2 GB before she auto pays which we won't, AT&T will make it look like our account was always on that plan. It's on the 4 GB plan.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I've been helping my mom out as I'm still on phone bill. As long as we don't hit over 2 GB before she auto pays which we won't, AT&T will make it look like our account was always on that plan. It's on the 4 GB plan.
Ouch. I'm not a heavy user. so, actually, 4GB would probably do it. Pretty lean though. I am still on the unlimited plan, though I have never approached 5GB to see if they would throttle me.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I don't have an OG Xbox. Thanks for the offer but I was looking at a slingbox with built in WiFi. My TV is too far away from my router and I'm trying to avoid running wires.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I don't have an OG Xbox. Thanks for the offer but I was looking at a slingbox with built in WiFi. My TV is too far away from my router and I'm trying to avoid running wires.
XBMC is a media server not an original Xbox. I personally use PLEX but XBMC is great too.

Dipsxxy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
I generally use about 10gb a month. I have 4 lines. Since at&t had that special, I went up to 30gb and still paying the price for a 15gb. Rather have more then less.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
My mom and I total have used 0.18 out of 4 GB. I know, you're probably wondering why we're not on the 2GB but one weekend I wasn't on wifi so I used 3GB.