How much do you want cut and paste ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you feel about not having cut and paste ?

• I could care less, I would almost never use it

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I would like it, as I see an occasional need

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I really want cut and paste, an would use it often

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigviking

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Given that there has been so much discussion surrounding the need for cut and paste on the iPhone, I wanted to get a feel for what percentage of people really miss this functionality.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
I want it for the same exact reason Tinman does.

Heres his post in a previous thread about copy and paste, so thank you tinman.

OMG, I hope this is a joke.

Let's see...
* I want to copy text from a Webpage to paste into another Webpage for a Google search.

* With copy-and-paste comes text selection: instead of sitting there deleting 52 characters I could just select the text I don't want and delete it.

* I want to copy directions I got from an SMS message into a contact's note.

* I want to copy a phone number that is not highlighted for iPhone use into a contact.

* I want to copy an address from one contact to another.

* I want to copy Google Maps directions into an SMS message, or email message.

* I want to respond to a long email, with inline quoting, and don't want to hold the backspace key down for 5 minutes to delete the unwanted text. Being able to select text would be much easier.

* I want to paste a username into a Webpage.

* I want to paste a tracking number into a Website.

Do I really need to continue?

Last edited by a moderator:

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Given that there has been so much discussion surrounding the need for cut and paste on the iPhone, I wanted to get a feel for what percentage of people really miss this functionality.
At first I really thought I'd miss having it... overall though, since iDay, I haven't had a need for it more than a couple of times.

I DO want it... but I think what I'll use more is the ability to CUT. I hate not being able to highlight a big block of text (like in e-mail) and delete it.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
At first I really thought I'd miss having it... overall though, since iDay, I haven't had a need for it more than a couple of times.

I DO want it... but I think what I'll use more is the ability to CUT. I hate not being able to highlight a big block of text (like in e-mail) and delete it.
this is exactly how i feel on the whole C&P situation.

C&P is a luxury, like straws in a drink.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
We all want a lot of stuff, and the reality is that "somebody" is going to be disappointed because there's no way an update will bring all the wanted changes to iPhone. Some might be feasible, some not and we'll probably never know about it (but keep bitching about wanting the impossible).

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I've used it LOTS on every smart phone I've had for the past 6 years. Still need it! It obviously wasn't a deal breaker, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been waiting for it to be implemented...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've used it LOTS on every smart phone I've had for the past 6 years. Still need it! It obviously wasn't a deal breaker, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been waiting for it to be implemented...
I guess 1.1.1 still doesn't give us cut and paste!