How much does an iPhone 3G screen replacement cost at Apple Store?

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
Hi All, any ideas how much it'll cost to have a iPhone 3g screen replacement and how long it takes for the Apple store to replace it?

Am in the UK.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks in Advance

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
You'll have to pay for a whole new device, $199 for 8gb and $299 for 16gb, you won't have to get a new contract. OR you can pay $200 and get a refurbished/ new device to yours. Should take two or three days. You're only paying because if you crack your screen it's caused by neglect and it's voided the warranty. I'll post a link to the page that Apple gives you all this information when I get back home. It should take 2-3 working days.

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
Thanks for the reply,
How comes they don't just replace the screen instead of me buying a refurbished device? never know if that'll work or host a whole lot of different problems?

You'll have to pay for a whole new device, $199 for 8gb and $299 for 16gb, you won't have to get a new contract. OR you can pay $200 and get a refurbished/ new device to yours. Should take two or three days. You're only paying because if you crack your screen it's caused by neglect and it's voided the warranty. I'll post a link to the page that Apple gives you all this information when I get back home. It should take 2-3 working days.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Because it takes a while to replace a screen for a big company like Apple because they have too many screens to replace and they have a few backup products to give to customers, so that it's a quicker process for you. Here's what they would do.

1. You send your iPhone in.
2. Apple receives it.
3. They send you a replacement product.
4. You get the replacement product.
5. They fix it and give your device back to someone else.

Don't worry, everything is new except for the internal working of the iPhone.

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
Right, Understood now, as far as i get a working iPhone an happy,
So resetting the device and restoring to original prior to sending will be a good advice, mine is currently jailbroken.

Also ive been told i can buy a glass/digitizer and the adhesive and do the repairs myself?
Any advice on that?

Because it takes a while to replace a screen for a big company like Apple because they have too many screens to replace and they have a few backup products to give to customers, so that it's a quicker process for you. Here's what they would do.

1. You send your iPhone in.
2. Apple receives it.
3. They send you a replacement product.
4. You get the replacement product.
5. They fix it and give your device back to someone else.

Don't worry, everything is new except for the internal working of the iPhone.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Right, Understood now, as far as i get a working iPhone an happy,
So resetting the device and restoring to original prior to sending will be a good advice, mine is currently jailbroken.

Also ive been told i can buy a glass/digitizer and the adhesive and do the repairs myself?
Any advice on that?
I smell a setup for spam

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
I don't get what the last two posts mean, but I wouldn't recommend doing that because if Apple sees that you've tried to fix it, in future if there is something wrong with your phone, they will say you have no warranty. I'm nearly home, so I'll post the link up soon.

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
icafe thought i was about to spam! just proving myself by attaching screenshots of my cracked iPhone.

Did you manage to have the links yet?
I don't get what the last two posts mean, but I wouldn't recommend doing that because if Apple sees that you've tried to fix it, in future if there is something wrong with your phone, they will say you have no warranty. I'm nearly home, so I'll post the link up soon.

dutchtrumpet

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I bought a replacement screen off of ebay and replaced mine myself for $25.

Good as new!

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
Am looking into that right now, just waiting for a guy who lives locally to me that wants to swap his iPhone 3g with my sony ericsson c905, if it doesn't go through then i'll be heading straight to ebay,

Thanks for your response.
I bought a replacement screen off of ebay and replaced mine myself for $25.

Good as new!

jf7fsu

Mar 25, 2009
Any tutorials out there to replace the screen?