How much have you spent?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mi-Phone, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Ok, was curious to see how much I've spent on apps and such from iTunes and to my surprise I have spent a whopping $189.46 in the iTunes store. What's really sad is a lot of those apps I don't have anymore on my phone because they werent what I was looking for. Is there anyway to get refunded if the app isn't what you were looking for?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Refunds are very rare. I've seen instances where people have said they've happened. I'm guessing it's not easy.

I too have a wasteland of apps that I paid for and never used.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I don't know how many apps I've paid for and never used. They sometime sit on my Springboard for a few weeks then I'll eventually delete them. It's so easy these days to waste money, considering you don't physically see the exchange of money you brain doesn't seem to register it...

I've had a few refunds in the past, the hardest part was waiting for a response from Apple.

4. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

On rare occasions you can get a refund if you purchased an app by mistake, but you have to act with minutes. There is no refund for apps that simply were not what you had in mind, and if you've kept the app for a few days (or longer) there isn't a developer in the universe that will give you your money back. That's why many apps have free trial periods.

5. Mi-Phone

Mi-Phone Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the replies everyone. To the refund question I wasn't trying to get a refund on the apps I already have was more asking about future purchases

6. sorbet

sorbet Member
    Bronze

$8.68 on 4 apps...lol

I've had $33 on my account forever. I just don't buy apps or songs too often.

7. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

This. I've only "paid" for apps that have free versions I've tried out first. I think there have been four:

Cut the Rope
    Cut the Rope: Experiments
    Where's My Water?
    This American Life

The first three are $0.99 each. That last one is $2.99, but 1) it's well worth it to support such a fantastic program that relies on public funding, and 2) I know I had a credit on my iTunes account when I bought this one, and probably did when I bought the others, as well.

For a long time, I simply refused to pay for an app, period. Even the ones I did pay for I clearly don't NEED.

8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Where do I go to see my purchase history?

9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

You can't go and see a total.
    On iTunes you can go to purchase history and it will show u a copy of your receipts. You then have to add them all up for however long you have had that account. Also sort music and books and movies from apps.
    This link should help.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

10. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

Probably less then $30. I try not to buy too many but some apps I just enrich a particular experience or daily activity. Of course, some apps I end up un-installing and not using.
    I paid for access to a Siri server when spire came out-- wish I had kept that money lol.

11. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I've paid more money for apps in the Cydia Store than I have in the App Store. And guess what? They get used more, too!

Who's with me? :cool: