How much interest in faster Web Performance?

Accelerating the Edge Network Web Access 3-7x...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 7, 2008
I am interested in understanding how much interest you would have in accelerating your web access when using the Edge network.

If you could get 3-7x performance and see a more snappy feel to web access, would you be interested?

I do not have anything to sell you. I am trying to understand if those who have felt the performance is not up-to-speed would either pay to get better performance or visit a site to get 24 hours of free acceleration at a time.

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I can never turn down the opportunity for faster internet speeds. I'm always looking for the next fastest thing, couldn't imagine going slower. I would pay money to improve upon speed.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i would love faster internet...not sure how much i would pay though

May 7, 2008
i would love faster internet...not sure how much i would pay though
Would you "stop by" a website once a day so it could re-energize your accelerator if it was free and just one quick click?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That sounds really odd. Can you explain how it works a little more?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
May 7, 2008
That sounds really odd. Can you explain how it works a little more?
I am trying to understand the demand for web access acceleration for iPhone users.

I imagine that some people will want 3-7x performance and would pay a few $$ per month for "snappy" web access.

On the other hand, there may be a number of people that rather than paiyng money - would visit a site before web surfing that would re-set a key enabling accelerated web performance. In this case, the cost of the service may be off-set by advertising.

What would you be interested in?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Would you "stop by" a website once a day so it could re-energize your accelerator if it was free and just one quick click?
Nothing is free. We have pop-up blockers on out web browsers to filter out advertising junk. We also have spy software to try catching as many root-kits and spy-bots that such sites could harbor. Not too keen on the idea of paying money to surf to such a site so that I can have unfettered access elsewhere.

I'd rather pay my way if it meant freedom from commercials, advertisers, spammers, and junk mail sites.

May 7, 2008
Nothing is free. We have pop-up blockers on out web browsers to filter out advertising junk. We also have spy software to try catching as many root-kits and spy-bots that such sites could harbor. Not too keen on the idea of paying money to surf to such a site so that I can have unfettered access elsewhere.

I'd rather pay my way if it meant freedom from commercials, advertisers, spammers, and junk mail sites.
I wasn't thinking a cheesy advertising site. That would never work.

I was thinking a major site that you already go to.