How much is a monthly fee for an iPhone?

gtrplyr

Jun 6, 2008
how much do you pay per month? does everyone pay the same or do you pay more for extra stuff? whats the cheapest way to go?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The key differences are going to be the number of voice minutes you want and the number of SMS you want. The more you want, the more expensive the plan. The basic data is $20 per month (for EDGE, apparently $30 for 3G) and that includes 200 SMS. Add on voice and the cheapest plan you can get is $59.99 for EDGE and (most likely) $69.99 for 3G.

Wes61991

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Tennessee
Dang so monthly plans will go up in price for 3G? Im already paying $80 a month for my current iPhone.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
The key differences are going to be the number of voice minutes you want and the number of SMS you want. The more you want, the more expensive the plan. The basic data is $20 per month (for EDGE, apparently $30 for 3G) and that includes 200 SMS. Add on voice and the cheapest plan you can get is $59.99 for EDGE and (most likely) $69.99 for 3G.
So if I add Unlimited text that would be $100 dollars plus tax
-I think unlimited text is $30 dollars was it:sick:, if its 20 dollars that will make me feel better:laugh2:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
can i get the new one but not get the 3g package? or is that a must?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
can i get the new one but not get the 3g package? or is that a must?
We don't know man:sick: Supposable theirs been statistics shown that like 90 or so percent of iPhone users use their iPhones safari browser for web access, and At&t figures with those numbers they'll charge extra for 3G iPhones cause thats the new iPhones main feature, but also because the people who already own 3G enabled phones such as the Treo or BlackJack just don't use their web access as frequent as iPhone users do:laugh2:

Edit: I didn't even answer your question lol!- just rambled about nothing
-Were guessing that since its "new" iPhones main feature that they're gonna include it in the plan regardless of whether or not you want. But they have to find a way around for us iPhone users who don't have 3G coverage in our areas but want the new iPhone...

So to blatantly answer your question NO :(

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
is is true that we will have to do an IN STORE activation? im ok with this but just think that it is funny.. that is all

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I had a topic on this- goes to find this...
-Theres been so many topics started today that you could start a topic, then comeback like 10min later and it be on the 2nd page!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I payed about $120 when I had my iPhone. I also had unlimited texting...but im not on an iPhone plan anymore since I switched to my BlackBerry and I don't remember which plan I had though.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
is is true that we will have to do an IN STORE activation? im ok with this but just think that it is funny.. that is all
Yes. They are doing this to cut down on unlocking phones just to sell them. This way you are definitely in a 2yr contract so you aren't going to pay an ETF just to sell the phone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I payed about $120 when I had my iPhone. I also had unlimited texting...but im not on an iPhone plan anymore since I switched to my BlackBerry and I don't remember which plan I had though.
well you were paying $40/month for unlimited data and unlimited texting. I guess the other $80 was for your voiceplan + taxes.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I was averaging 80 bucks a month but i added another line so know i have not received my new bill.