how much is everythingicafe.com worth?

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
How much is everythingicafe worth? Any ideas? Any sites that provide estimates of a website's value?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, I don't really think there are many people that know the exact answer to this question, but there are tools online that can estimate the value. I used one and it said:
The estimated value of http://www.everythingicafe.com is: $62,000.
This is of course realizing the domain name change to everythingicafe from everythingiPhone, which detracts from the value. So, there really is no telling for sure.
http://www.dnscoop.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
how much is everythingicafe worth? any ideas?
The answer depends heavily on whether or not you have an iPhone or iPod.

Given your handle, I'd say you could learn a thing or two here...

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I'd buy it if I could. Then I'd redo the entire look of the site so it was more iPhone friendly. Everything would be easy the tap. And you wouldn't have to try five times to tap crap. I mean really do we need tiny ass letters and numbers? I know a lot of people get on on a real computer but damn let's think for a second. iPhone forum made iPhone friendly?.... Makes sense to me. And if I owned it I'd get some more mods to help delete spam. and I'd probably make a "keep posts relevant to the thread rule"

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I'd buy it if I could. Then I'd redo the entire look of the site so it was more iPhone friendly. Everything would be easy the tap. And you wouldn't have to try five times to tap crap. I mean really do we need tiny ass letters and numbers? I know a lot of people get on on a real computer but damn let's think for a second. iPhone forum made iPhone friendly?.... Makes sense to me. And if I owned it I'd get some more mods to help delete spam. and I'd probably make a "keep posts relevant to the thread rule"
IMO, this is a very iPhone friendly site. I never have problems navigating or posting from my iPhone. Chris does a great job of interfering only when necessary. I like the site the way it is-friendly and functional.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
To the members its worth 59.9 gabillion dollars.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
IMO, this is a very iPhone friendly site. I never have problems navigating or posting from my iPhone. Chris does a great job of interfering only when necessary. I like the site the way it is-friendly and functional.
I couldn't agree with you more

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Definitely ditto on the work Chris does here. But I think the value is probably just in him keeping it running and keeping those google ads going. He's got very good consistent traffic but, as far as I've ever seen, forums don't ever getting snapped up by larger corporations. It could be something I've missed but I've just not seen it and can't think of a reason another company would buy a forum. It's just too easy to start up your own.

I'd venture to guess that Chris is making a few well earned dollars for his hard work on this site. I don't think he's getting rich off it. But Chris is a smart guy. I bet he's got a few other pies in the oven.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'd buy it if I could. Then I'd redo the entire look of the site so it was more iPhone friendly. Everything would be easy the tap. And you wouldn't have to try five times to tap ****. I mean really do we need tiny *** letters and numbers? I know a lot of people get on on a real computer but damn let's think for a second. iPhone forum made iPhone friendly?.... Makes sense to me. And if I owned it I'd get some more mods to help delete spam. and I'd probably make a "keep posts relevant to the thread rule"
We did try the iPhone style forum and it wasn't welcomed. The beauty of the iPhone is the ability to see the real web, not the mobile web. That being said, we do have an iPhone version of the forums. In most cases, we have addressed the tapability, but I do agree with you on the numbers. Not to worry, I'm on it and it will get fixed up sometime this weekend.

As far as spam, I think this site is pretty much spam free. Outside of this week (where I've been away more than usual for some personal matters), spam doesn't have a long lifespan here at EIC.

With regards to the relevancy, that's also a work in progress. There are some modifications that are available, but I've haven't gotten them to work on my sites.

All in all, the site is always going to be a work in progress. Suggestions are always welcome....

-Chris

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007

Maybe I came off wrong. I'm not saying its not iPhone friendly but there were just some things that I assumed when was first created, was designed more for a computer

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Maybe I came off wrong. I'm not saying its not iPhone friendly but there were just some things that I assumed when was first created, was designed more for a computer
I agree... most of the software that runs the community are desktop based, so I do what I can to modify them into a mobile friendly state. It's not built from the ground up. For example, the forum is run by vBulletin software which was designed for desktop browsers. With other sites in the network, the mobile versions are completely text based. That's due to the mobile web found on a Treo or a Moto Q. Here, the site is mostly desktop based because of the iPhone's capabilities...but with an emphasis on "tapability". I'll see what I can do this weekend to further improve upon that aspect of the site.

-Chris

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Thanks Chris! As a fellow board admin type guy, I know exactly how hard it is to run big sites, how long it can be between when somebody thanks you, and the compromises you have to make sometimes with a given setup. *cough*vBulletin*/cough*

This site has been an invaluable resource for me, so if you do sell it, just make sure you get filthy rich like youtube did. Nothing less would be acceptable. ;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Here, the site is mostly desktop based because of the iPhone's capabilities...but with an emphasis on "tapability". I'll see what I can do this weekend to further improve upon that aspect of the site.
I agree that the site is actually very navigateable on the iPhone.... the only things that are a bit tough to tap are the navigation tabs and icons at the top, and the page # links. If you could in any way just make those a bit bigger, I think the rest of the site is fine as is.

But that's just me, of course...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
62k is a little on the high side, but feasible. I'd have to see the CTR numbers though, and we'd have to be in a serious industry upswing with Online Advertising, it's kinda sucking right.

The amount of traffic that this domain gets is pretty high, but most importantly consistent, and thats always attractive to feed/ad providers like Google.

If you want to sell, please PM me, I've always been interested. I need a good tech domain to add to my portfolio of a few thousand, lol. I can't get by on domain misspellings for much longer, I need sticky traffic :D I've been buying quality domains to grow into 2.0 content sites for the retention numbers advertisers like to see, mostly to prepare for the probable/eventual industry shift to local advertising.

JeffInBC

Feb 1, 2008
I agree that the site is actually very navigateable on the iPhone.... the only things that are a bit tough to tap are the navigation tabs and icons at the top, and the page # links. If you could in any way just make those a bit bigger, I think the rest of the site is fine as is.

But that's just me, of course...
I fully agree I'd also appreciate a next page button.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
pm me as well if interested in selling.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
62k is a little on the high side, but feasible. I'd have to see the CTR numbers though, and we'd have to be in a serious industry upswing with Online Advertising, it's kinda sucking right.

The amount of traffic that this domain gets is pretty high, but most importantly consistent, and thats always attractive to feed/ad providers like Google.

If you want to sell, please PM me, I've always been interested. I need a good tech domain to add to my portfolio of a few thousand, lol. I can't get by on domain misspellings for much longer, I need sticky traffic :D I've been buying quality domains to grow into 2.0 content sites for the retention numbers advertisers like to see, mostly to prepare for the probable/eventual industry shift to local advertising.
Wow, that was a blinding array of trend jargon that just left me feeling so.... so statistically... used...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
BTW, the site is not for sale and I have no intention of selling it anytime soon....just improving it.;)

-Chris