How Much is Sales Tax on the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jempast

Jun 29, 2007
I am thinking of buying an iPhone soon since the price has dropped. Does anyone know how much the sales tax would be for the 8GB model if I were to get the iPhone at an AT&T store?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
How did you make enough money to buy an iPhone if you can't figure that out...:eek:

:p

It's whatever the local taxes are. If you pull up a receipt of a store near the one you want to buy there is a good chance it has the same tax rate (anywhere from 5% to 12%).

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
There is no need to be rude.
Yeah...not really rude was it? More honest than anything! Are you really asking this as a serious question? Really? Perhaps the easiest thing would be to call your local Apple Store or AT&T store and ask them. For that, I would suggest your local White Pages, this would be easier than the Yellow Pages. If you're looking for the local Apple Store, you'll want to start with the A's until you find Apple. At this point you should see a listing for Apple Store, probably in a local mall. The procedure would be the same looking for a local AT&T store! The easiest method would probably be call local Information. You'll need a phone for this method. Just pick up the phone and press the 4 button, followed by the 1 button, and then the 1 button one more time. Just tell the automated voice what you are looking for. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need clarification on any of these steps.

LOL...JK...kind of! :p;)

jnowaczyk

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Michigan
www.gsmunlockonline.com
Well I Think i was un called for people come here to ask questions and learn that the whole idea of a forum right for infomation . just becuse you two think you know everything some day i hope you are also put on the spot so you know how it feels. i always say if you have nothing nice to say then don't speak.

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
There's no need to be Rude "but" keep in mind any forum on the
Internet is basically made up of the "street".

So it may help to develop a little thicker skin... to survive some
of the more impatient, and sarcastic replies.

No one here starts out as being rude... it's more a lack of
patience toward questions that seem ridiculous to the many of
the long time dweller's here.

If you are in Michigan... (Which I don't really know that you are),
be thankful that you're only dealing with one sales tax,
and not additional township, city, and county taxes which is
prevalent here in "NoHighOh" (Ohio). It drives me irritated!

Maybe the moderator of this site should also charge a tax
for posting such a question.

~And said in a polite``` obnoxious manner of course.~~~

Have fun with your new purchase!

John

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
How did you make enough money to buy an iPhone if you can't figure that out...:eek:

:p

It's whatever the local taxes are. If you pull up a receipt of a store near the one you want to buy there is a good chance it has the same tax rate (anywhere from 5% to 12%).
haha hes not rude it make sense tho

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm really not the type to be an e-thug. Any time I am a little mean (in this case) it really is deserved....I mean comon who doesn't know about tax rate? I still answered the question though, and that's the important thing.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I'm really not the type to be an e-thug. Any time I am a little mean (in this case) it really is deserved....I mean comon who doesn't know about tax rate? I still answered the question though, and that's the important thing.
i don't think you were mean, for the record. i really don't understand either how someone couldn't know about the tax rate in their state. buying just about anything results in the application of the sales tax on purchased items, and it really takes a lot (or a little? ;) ) to miss out on how it's calculated to find out what it would be for a future purchase of a known dollar amount...