How much longer...honestly?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I called Apple and they had no idea what was going on. Like the guy didn't even know what i was talking about, im on my 18 hour of not using my $600 cellphone, ive even seen people that have been waiting 22 hours. I mean i just want to use my phone:(

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I called Apple and they had no idea what was going on. Like the guy didn't even know what i was talking about, im on my 18 hour of not using my $600 cellphone, ive even seen people that have been waiting 22 hours. I mean i just want to use my phone:(
Everyone on the site here is saying to go down to your local ATT store and get a new SIM chip put in. Sounds like a good number of the chips may be defective. People are claiming activation is quick once you replace the chip.

Chessh2036

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Everyone on the site here is saying to go down to your local ATT store and get a new SIM chip put in. Sounds like a good number of the chips may be defective. People are claiming activation is quick once you replace the chip.
so if I went down there and got a new chip you think my porting number would go a lot faster? If you say yes then im going right now.

Im porting from verizon so ya know

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
i'm porting from verizon as well, and i'm now going on 24 hours. my iPhone is activated, but my number hasn't ported yet. i have an email confirming the # to be ported, and it tells me i'll get another email once it has actually moved over.. still waiting. my old phone is still getting all the inbound calls/msgs

this is pretty annoying.

winyan

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
*sigh*

Hi Rob

I tried that, only to have to wait again.

True, I got both the e-mails quicker this time, but as of now, my wait has been approximately 3 hours, not 90 minutes per the Apple Phone Users Guide.

win

PS

I loved your Timbuktu bags, I'm sure I'll like the new ones too.