How much memory do programs take?

Oct 22, 2007
I just restored my iPhone yesterday to clean off some of the crap that was installed, before restoring my phone said their was 800mb of "other" space being used. I am guessing that was programs I installed. Well after restoring it free'd up all of my memory, but after installing customize and summerboard it now shows I have used 50mb of "other" space. Are these programs really that big? If not where is the memory going? How do I free it up?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Most programs take between 50k and 2 Megs depending how complex they are. If you have used Swaptunes on your phone then you may still have a second music and video directory that has not been deleted off your phone.

Oct 22, 2007
I used swaptunes previously, but just did a restore yesterday and haven't installed swaptunes since. After the restore yesterday it was using 0mb of other memory. Now after installing customize and summerboard, it is using 50mb of other memory.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I would use ssh and go into your media folder and see if you still have the old music folder that was created by swaptunes. It may have not cleaned it up and something is making it show up again. Customize and Summerboard should not be using anywhere near 50MB. 1MB maybe, but not 50MB.

Oct 22, 2007
I just checked that and I only have 1 music folder with a size of 0bytes. Any other ideas?