How much will apps cost?

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
How much are the apps in the app store going to cost? Is it going to be like buying songs on iTunes (they are all a set price, like $1.99), or are they going to be more expensive and vary by app?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm sure it's going to vary a lot by app. Some might be $1.99 (or cheaper) but I'm sure a lot are going to be more expensive. I have no idea on the prices we should expect but for something with a lot more programming into it (TomTom App, eventual SlingPlayer App or a in-depth game) I would expect to pay more.

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Just like apps on other platforms they will vary in pice, from free to ?. I have already heard that the SplashData (Splash ID, Splash Money, Splash Shopper) programs wil be about $30 each, and if they bundle them like they do on Palm and Wndows Mobile the "Splash Wallet Bundle" would be about $45. These are three programs I don't mind paying for at all since they are well worth the money.

I think I also saw a few games thatwere going to be $9.99, (Super Monkey Ball)

Other programs that I know are coming (Pocket Informant) have not released proicing yet. I also read of some programs costing just $1.99 and several apps that were going to be free.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I wonder if any of these programs will end-up on utorrent or something ya kno, cause theirs to many to choose from on their:eek:
-I also heard that theirs gonna be apps that cost upwards $1000+:eek:

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Level of Apple Approval?

Do all apps in the AppStore undergo and vigorous testing by Apple? Do they "bless" each app? Do they "warranty" the apps to work properly without freezing-up, or your money back (for paid apps)?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I wonder if any of these programs will end-up on utorrent or something ya kno, cause theirs to many to choose from on their:eek:
-I also heard that theirs gonna be apps that cost upwards $1000+:eek:
I can't think of anything that would be over $1000.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i thought that nothing, even corporate stuff was going to cost over $100

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
All I know is, currently as a developer, Apple has not approved me and several other (way bigger) iPhone developers to BE a developer and place apps at their iTune store. I filled out their application on day one and have developed several apps using their new SDK. I had planed to present these apps for free at iTunes. I think it is bad of Apple to only allow bigger companies this privilege. So, my guess, is that installer will live on to allow an even bigger range of apps.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
How much are the apps in the app store going to cost? Is it going to be like buying songs on iTunes (they are all a set price, like $1.99), or are they going to be more expensive and vary by app?
games have already been announced to cost $10

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I'm guessing $5-$30 range. Or free, my favorite price ;)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Oh now I'm OK haha!:p
-I thought every single one of those apps were gonna cost atleast tree fiddy to buy ya kno :p

But I bet their only be like 5 free apps outta the "thousand" or so Apple claims they'll be available at launch Lol! :(

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well I originally heard this from Saverino so this is on his rep. . .
What?! I never said anything about $1000!
Do you have proof of me saying this?

Edit: I remember saying Ive seen things from free to $9.99

Maybe its possible I forgot the decimal or something...but I know 100% I never said/meant to say 1000 dollars.