How much will iWatch cost?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Iloveiphones, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

How much do you predict the iWatch will cost?

I'm hoping it will cost either $49.99 or $59.99, as much as a shuffle. Hopefully well under a hundred dollars.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Why would you expect us to know the answer to this?

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Ok, I'll play along. Let's say it does all of this whiz bang stuff - interacts with iPhone, allows custom API's to allow developers to create iWatch apps. It'll also provide medical information using advanced sensors. All of this and let's remember it has to be fashionable, so it'll be small and use high quality materials. Both of those add significantly to the cost. Now let's talk about competition and where they need to price it to be in line with other products. Wait, there are no other products, so they can set the price bar.

I'll take iWatch for $349.99 Alex.

alex-trebek.jpeg

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I'm simply asking for what people think they will cost.

5. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

We're gonna pay a premium for the iWatch.

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Funny that the iPhone is most likely getting bigger, but we are probably looking at roughly a 1inch by 1 inch watch display. I'll guess $200 for the premium and $100 for the iWatch light that will come out to satisfy the need for a low cost model, lol.

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I don't think it will be cheap at all, it'll probably be well over a $100.00. Given the time they've supposedly been working on this I'm expecting something special. I already own a Rolex and a Breitling which I hardly wear and I'm currently using a cheaper £450.00 Amarni watch for my day-to-day. I'd like the iWatch more because I do a hands-on job and I'm always digging my phone out of my pocket to read emails and texts, it'd be nice to have a quick preview of this on my wrist. As long as it's under $200 I'll probably get one straight away, in Blue :p

8. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

Guess

If it's a tethered device that is 90% non functional without an iPhone/ipad connection I would say $179.
    If it's a standalone IOS device that does everything besides make calls I would say $299.

If it's stand alone it would need its own GUI and apps, the same way the Apple TV is a standalone IOS device.

9. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I am 99.9% sure it will be a Bluetooth enabled iPhone add-on.

I wouldn't pay more than £249.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

10. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I really hope it is no more then $199. I am worried they will have 2 options one with some kind of cellular option like a 3g or 4g so they can sell them via carriers as well. This way they could subsidize the price possibly? Maybe a $150 wifi option and a $199 4g option. That's about all I could justify spending on it honestly.

11. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

12. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum