How My iPhone Saved my Wife's Life

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
I'll just come right out and admit it, I am excited for tonight's launch of the iPhone in a (most-likely) unhealthy way. So much so that last night I was unable to sleep. Around 2 a.m. I gave up on going to sleep and sat down at my iMac to prepare for the arrival of my new iPhone. Part of what I did was to go through old photos and compiled them in a folder so they would sync to my phone later tonight. I found hundreds of great shots that brought back all kinds of fantastic memories. Like... Pictures from when the kids were born... Great vacations... And some of my favorite old pictures of me and my wife...

They'll all be on my iPhone for me to enjoy later tonight. But only one picture saved her life.

You see she was running a bit late this morning (because she has a cold). As she was getting ready to leave I stopped her to show her this picture of the day we painted our daughter's nursery. She looked at it for about 30 seconds when we heard a strange, loud noise...

The noise was this very large branch that fell completely across our street... RIGHT where her car would have been had I not stopped her to look at the picture. The picture that I found when I couldn't get to sleep last night because I was too excited about getting an iPhone.

Sure you could make the case that I actually saved her life (and I will later today when I ask to see her boobies) but I prefer to give the credit to the iPhone... and dare I say that I believe this isn't the last miracle it will perform.

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I'll just come right out and admit it, I am excited for tonight's launch of the iPhone in a (most-likely) unhealthy way. So much so that last night I was unable to sleep. Around 2 a.m. I gave up on going to sleep and sat down at my iMac to prepare for the arrival of my new iPhone. Part of what I did was to go through old photos and compiled them in a folder so they would sync to my phone later tonight. I found hundreds of great shots that brought back all kinds of fantastic memories. Like... Pictures from when the kids were born... Great vacations... And some of my favorite old pictures of me and my wife...

They'll all be on my iPhone for me to enjoy later tonight. But only one picture saved her life.

You see she was running a bit late this morning (because she has a cold). As she was getting ready to leave I stopped her to show her this picture of the day we painted our daughter's nursery. She looked at it for about 30 seconds when we heard a strange, loud noise...

The noise was this very large branch that fell completely across our street... RIGHT where her car would have been had I not stopped her to look at the picture. The picture that I found when I couldn't get to sleep last night because I was too excited about getting an iPhone.

Sure you could make the case that I actually saved her life (and I will later today when I ask to see her boobies) but I prefer to give the credit to the iPhone... and dare I say that I believe this isn't the last miracle it will perform.
Well played. :p

thoutz

Jun 26, 2007

That is one damn good story. Submit that to Steve Jobs.

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
It was a great story until you blew it will the above.... "hey honey I saved your life so can I see your boobies".

What are you like 12 years old?

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
It was a great story until you blew it will the above.... "hey honey I saved your life so can I see your boobies".

What are you like 12 years old?
Sir, though 100% true the entire post is very tongue-in-cheek. The reference you have trouble with is meant humorously. Boobies is a funny word. I'm sorry if you don't think so. Please stop bumming me out now.

I'm afraid that if I don't score with my Hunter Gatherer skills and get this iPhone today, that I will never see the wifey's boobies again.. :)

Thanks for reminding me, of what's really important in life.. boobies and a safe wife who checks on the kids, and gives you quality boobie time :)

Good story actually, I WOULD send it to Jobs, maybe leave the boobies remark out..