how often is SAFARI crashing on you...

ldivinag

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
N37 33* W122 3*
i mean i'm browsing... then BAM.

safari closes out and brings me back to home.

it's starting to get REALLY annoying...

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
This doesn't really happen to me. I never empty my cache or cookies or anything. Oh well, guess I'm lucky.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
about 4 to 6 times a day. I clear out all the cache crap too. It's only on message forum sites though. I've never had a problem on any other type of site.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
mine crashes a lot, but my apps don't. I'm happy to report I am happy with my with my downgrade of iTunes.

I'm supprised with all the info I read tonight, i'm still on vacation but will join all complainds. I have noticed that EDGE at 400 now almost matches 500 of 3G could file a complaint (lawsuit).

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Safari on my Mac has actually been crashing much more frequently than the Safari on my iPhone. Weird.

CHP4LiFe

Aug 27, 2008
Safari and Maps crash on me about 2-3 times a day. I was hoping the 2.0.2 upgrade would fix it. Hope...still crashes about the same.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Yup, my safari crashes a few times a day. It mainly happens when you are trying to write a message while the page is still loading. If you do that, it has to load the page while also recognising what you are doing and typing it out. It has an 'overload' and decides to take a break by bringing you to the home page lol. Very annoying when you have a written a lot, just for it to bring you back :S. It can also happen if you are scrolling down a fairly big page while it is loading. The main point of this post is really to let the page fully load before you do anything to keep crashing down to a minimum, but I, like others, thought this would have been fixed on one of the 2.0.x updates.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
too many times.
Why?

Its like.... "ah... eeee..... almos.....t..... .y..eee....ss..... NO" few second feeze then home. T_T

bloody hell.

djkeev

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
My safari has never crashed. I also don't demand a lot out of it either. I am also patient having lived for years and years in the woods with only dial up internet available to me.

Here's my thought though. People are trying to use this phone as they would a laptop computer, quite simply it doesn't have the capacity or ability to operate like one.
You need a degree of patience and you also need to realize that there are very definite limitations to what can and cannot be done on a wireless device such as this.
I think many of you would be better served with a lap top that has the wireless carrier hookup to the internet. You are demanding way too much out this device.
It cannot deliver what you want so you get pissed at Apple and AT&T because they cannot possibly deliver what you want.
This will NEVER (at least not for many years) work like your PC or laptop does at home with WiFi or hard wired to the internet.

Dave

Aug 6, 2008
re crashes

mine only crashes when im streaming "questionable videos", to my iPhone

:p

Aug 6, 2008
re crashes

My safari has never crashed. I also don't demand a lot out of it either. I am also patient having lived for years and years in the woods with only dial up internet available to me.

Here's my thought though. People are trying to use this phone as they would a laptop computer, quite simply it doesn't have the capacity or ability to operate like one.
You need a degree of patience and you also need to realize that there are very definite limitations to what can and cannot be done on a wireless device such as this.
I think many of you would be better served with a lap top that has the wireless carrier hookup to the internet. You are demanding way too much out this device.
It cannot deliver what you want so you get pissed at Apple and AT&T because they cannot possibly deliver what you want.
This will NEVER (at least not for many years) work like your PC or laptop does at home with WiFi or hard wired to the internet.

Dave
Your a moron, from that viewpoint, we should all just sit in our back woods closets and pretend that there are not any problems with the phone. Then Apple will never better the product and create newer firmware's that would enhance the iPhone.

Bravo fool, bravo.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Your a moron, from that viewpoint, we should all just sit in our back woods closets and pretend that there are not any problems with the phone. Then Apple will never better the product and create newer firmware's that would enhance the iPhone.

Bravo fool, bravo.
Right you are. We have too much of this already. How many times have I read someone has a problem and just want to accept it? This phone obviously is not as touted to be and people shouldn't be expected to pay for something so inferior.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think it may be more a factor of where you're surfing. Does it ever crash for you here at EIC? It hasn't for me.

Nor at TUAW, Digg, Reddit, Slashdot, nor most of the other bookmarks I frequent. Now, when I hit graphically-intensive pages like http://kyw1060.com then it's more likely to crash. With the current background, it's likely the page is simply too ugly for the iPhone.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
It crashes maybe once a week. And I am a very heavy internet user.