How ridiculous can we make a next-gen iPhone concept?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I propose we build the specs for a perfectly ideal iPhone, damn the consequences and ignore the impossible!

I'll start it off... Beware that your ridiculometer may jump around here as some of my specs are way out of the realm of possibility. This is normal. Do not adjust your television.

Connectivity: Unlocked CDMA and GSM: EVDO Rev B/HSDPA/EDGE/GPRS (failsafe), WiMAX/WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR (with proper device support)

Storage: Integrated 128gb of flash storage, supporting hard drive mode for the computer; support for SD cards and USB flash drives

Power source: Free (to me) energy created by harvesting gravitational energies, hybrid with a lithium battery wirelessly charged (by charge mat or the excess gravitational energy) for use in gravity-less/artificial-gravity environments (considering this phone would be so futuristic, it'd be stupid not to have a spaceship to fly around in)

Display: 3.5" transflective 720x480 LED-backlit

Audio: Integrated Stereo Speakers that are actually loud (perhaps two sets, one pair on the bottom and one on the side that switch orientation depending on how you're holding the iPhone?)

Software: Not necessary to list...we've already seen all the wish lists for this in just about every thread :p

Maybe if this gets combined with the collective ridiculous ideas of every member of the forum, we might bring to life some sort of freak monster that assumes consciousness simply out of our thoughts

(Or I'll get horribly flamed and banned and stalked and shot for coming up with such a stupid idea. :laugh2: Ah well, I was bored waiting for a program to uninstall on my work computer...figured I'd do something outrageous)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
and then you can plug your phone into your cars dash and it will integrate with the car allowing you to listen to music, make phone calls, view maps and points of interest, access the Internet, view vehicle information, and access news and traffic instantly. After shutting down you car and going inside the phone would serve as a remote for any functions in the home. Since you have it on you at all times it would hold any personal identification that you would keep in your wallet. Voice recognition with a built in translator where you speak your sentence and then it is translated to any selected langauge. I don't think I'd be much help in the think tank.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I want it all. I want one device to do it all! And I want it to be faster and more personal.

Raybox

Mar 4, 2008
I want my iPhone to play piano, guitar, drums, call people, use internet everywhere, run emulators...

Aw crap. :p

But really, what's a phone if it can't give you a nice, soothing back massage?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
In the area of cases, how about a sensor which can sense a fast increase in acceleration and thereforee deploy some kind of impact absorbing contraption.

In the area of charging and battery life. I envision a world where one day wireless emitters of electricity, impervious to us, charges all devices everywhere wirelessly, most likely based on solar ray harvesting or electric field manipulations. Batteries will virtually cease to exist, at least in the public mind.

In the area of usability and feel, see the iMorph video below if you haven't already

Of course all the internet capabilities, WiMax, Wifi, 3G-4G (or something crazier). 8Megapixel camera with flash and DVD Video recording.

H

Hayesimus

well naturally this would come with 2 settings. STUNNING and KILLER!
lol set your iPhone to Killer!