How safe is iPhone?

Jan 25, 2008
How safe is the iPhone with regards to pay for stuff on the internet or should i say using safari?

I buy stuff from ebay and amazon all the time and use internet banking at home but was just curious if it was safe to do so using the iPhone? don't want to go ahead with asking and find someone has managed to get all my details!

Cheers guys!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Safari, the iPhone's web browser, is very safe. I order things from Apple all the time over the iPhone. There are also several members who do online banking with the iPhone.

- John

Jan 25, 2008
Fantastic, was just curious as obviously you've got a firewall etc on my laptop but was just curious to the security of the iPhone

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i do wells fargo .com all the time, i have bought stuff on online too.. it is safe.. that is up to the site... don't buy something off a crappy site then blame the phone for that purchase gone wrong... as long as you can trust the site that you are safe....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I've made ebay purchases when I'm away from a computer and I've never had a problem. It comes in handy when the auction is about to end and you happen to be away from the computer. Just plan on it taking a little longer on EDGE than on your wifi hookup.