How serious is Services.plist

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
I have been modding my phone for a while now, and I have never did the putfile Services.plist command to my phone, is that something that I need to do or no. I have had no problems at all, just seen this in some tutorials, and was wondering what effect does it have though I haven't put it on my phone?

LOL...if this aint a ****....well I copy over two icons for slider...then Im put to Please Connect to iTunes...now doing an restore...so does this have anything to do with the Services.plist and also do I have to re-run jailbrake all over again?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I have been modding my phone for a while now, and I have never did the putfile Services.plist command to my phone, is that something that I need to do or no. I have had no problems at all, just seen this in some tutorials, and was wondering what effect does it have though I haven't put it on my phone?

LOL...if this aint a ****....well I copy over two icons for slider...then Im put to Please Connect to iTunes...now doing an restore...so does this have anything to do with the Services.plist and also do I have to re-run jailbrake all over again?
I've heard the services.plist file was not absolutely NECESSARY, but some users were having issues in iTunes where it wasn't displaying the correct amount of storage, and it is believed to be linked to this file.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Yeah I put Services.plist on my phone a couple times when I modded the phone and iTunes would still show only 300 MB's of memory on the phone. Kinda weird. Eventually after putting the file on the phone a couple times, iTunes would finally display the correct memory. No clue why this did this, but you have to expect a bug or two when you are modding.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
Not sure here.... I'm going to try to put it on too see what happens, but I have yet to have any issues with storage when I didn't tansfer the file over.

EDIT - - Nothing changes when copied over, I did read on modmyiPhone that it only effect people using MAC's not PC's

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Not sure here.... I'm going to try to put it on too see what happens, but I have yet to have any issues with storage when I didn't tansfer the file over.

EDIT - - Nothing changes when copied over, I did read on modmyiPhone that it only effect people using MAC's not PC's
That must be why, I use a macbook.:laugh2: