How stable is iOS 8 beta?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chris, Jun 30, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Since moving to iOS 8 beta 2, I've found it to be less stable than the first beta. I'm strongly considering a move back to iOS 7.1.2, at least in the interim. I expect third party apps to be unstable, as developers get their iOS 8 updates ready for the fall. My issue is with stock apps. Camera, Safari. It all feels incredibly beta. I know, that's why it's a beta. I guess I've been spoiled by relatively stable builds in the past.

What's been your experience with iOS 8 beta and stability?

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

It was pretty buggy. I like the first Beta a lot. But I found some strange issues on my iPad first. Memory being taken up. I would go from 5.6 gigs down to around 85 Mb's almost over night and battery would drop from 100 percent to 5 percent. My phone began to act up next. Loss of data connection and Blue Tooth. So finally I restored them both. Hopefully a new Beta will come out soon. But for the time being. I had to roll back to stock on both devices.

3. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Not liking it too much but it's a beta....and I couldn't wait to get it lol. My top3 most frequent issues:
    1-crashes
    2- when my phone network changes (constantly) @ my home, the phone lags out/freezes for a while, almost 100% of time this happens while texting (hspa-edge-lte handoff).
    3- something is keeping my usage time up 100% of the time,my usage time matches my standby and it's crushing my battery.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

4. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

I'm hoping for beta 3 to drop tomorrow and really hoping for an improvement.

5. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah Beta 2 has been way worse than Beta 1 on both iPhone and iPad for me. The battery is still draining like crazy for me but the whole device(s) are much less stable in general. Crashes often, apps falling off edge of screen, unable to open links from Facebook/ZIte in Safari from those apps without crash, keyboard issues, and many more. It feels like a Beta Beta.

6. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I did another restore via iTunes and it seemed to have helped my battery immensely.

Note3/iPhone5s

7. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

ios8 Beta 2 is the first time I have ever reverted back to original software. I expect problems in the beta but not the problems I have been seeing with beta 2. I really wonder what is going on, it wasn't like it was that massive of a update. Did Apple hire new engineers :)
    Tom

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

A lot of new features in iOS 8. They'll get it right by 8.0.3. :D

9. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Same here.. I have never had to revert back. But I actually have to admit. I'm happy I did. Typically I always toughed it out through whatever issues came up or found a work around. I just wasn't worth it this time.