How strict are they when it comes to credit/deposit?

blewis1984

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I never had the time to go get "pre-approved" and make sure I didn't require a deposit. But I own a home, a brand new truck, have a few credit cards, etc. I should be okay, right?

Plus, when I signed on with Nextel 2 years ago, I didn't have to put down anything (and that was before the home purchase and everything).

I feel like I should be alright, but there's still that little thought in my head saying "what if". I'd hate to drive all that way, wait in line, and then be told I need another $500 :(

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well if the credit check comes back and you're not approved without a deposit then I highly doubt they're going to let you make the purchase without it. As long as you have mostly decent credit (as it appears you do) you should be fine and not require a deposit.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
If you've made your payments on time, I seriously doubt there will be any problem. Your FICO score would be fine otherwise.

Feb 15, 2008
If you've made your payments on time, I seriously doubt there will be any problem. Your FICO score would be fine otherwise.
i agree.. i have a friend who has a lower score than my cousin and doesn't have to make a deposit. but my cousin does because of 2 late posts in the last year. it should be more payment history than actual score

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
credit checks are ONLY for new att customers correct? sorry for the dumb question it just popped into my head right now:laugh2:
Well, I'm sure if you missed payments to AT&T, you may have a problem.

When I went last weekend, they pulled up my account and told me I just had to show up and add the 3G data plan. I didn't think of asking if they ran my credit. If you're a good customer, I don't think they would.

Yes just for new customers and females.

;)
lol... funny... well because the guy at the att store told my mom to just walk in there and he'll be able to do it... he even gave her his card so we can contact him... and im confused because i keep hearing conflicting reports and a lot of times att employees don't really know much:p

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I got an AT&T phone without having to pay a deposit when I had only been in the US for 6 months. I had illegally crossed the border from Mexico 6 months earlier with my esse's and was working as a day laborer at the local Home Depot here in LA.

Seriously. I had moved over form the UK and 6 months later applied for an AT&T phone and got one on a 2 year contract and no deposit to pay. And I had virtually no credit history in the US at the time.

I never had the time to go get "pre-approved" and make sure I didn't require a deposit. But I own a home, a brand new truck, have a few credit cards, etc. I should be okay, right?

Plus, when I signed on with Nextel 2 years ago, I didn't have to put down anything (and that was before the home purchase and everything).

I feel like I should be alright, but there's still that little thought in my head saying "what if". I'd hate to drive all that way, wait in line, and then be told I need another $500 :(

I got an AT&T phone without having to pay a deposit when I had only been in the US for 6 months. I had illegally crossed the border from Mexico 6 months earlier with my esse's and was working as a day laborer at the local Home Depot here in LA
lol yes hommes maybe u met my uncle juan antonio gonzalez ramirez!

He and I go to King Taco all the time for sopa's and taco's. He's got a pit bull called "Chupacabra".

He told me you're on your 5th baby daddy?
no its like 6th or 7th! but how would he know he walked out on my tia after he knocked her up but not before he came back and took all his wife beaters and dickies... but its ok because we threw away his nike cortez' and those were his favorite shoes...

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
But what about his LA Lakers gear?

no its like 6th or 7th! but how would he know he walked out on my tia after he knocked her up but not before he came back and took all his wife beaters and dickies... but its ok because we threw away his nike cortez' and those were his favorite shoes...

But what about his LA Lakers gear?
yes he left his la lakers flags that go on the sides of his car here but we threw them out... oh but his raiders jerseys... we burned them!... all 50 of his knock-off jerseys he bought at mercada latino and the swap meets

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado

att rep i talked to said quote, "you need good enough credit to buy a house and car to avoid the deposit" so to me it seem like your completely in the clear