How strong is the glass on iPhone 4S?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jo12jt1

Bronze
Apr 3, 2010
Not that I really want to find out but how strong is the glass on the phone? I heard that it does not really take a fall !

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Not that I really want to find out but how strong is the glass on the phone? I heard that it does not really take a fall !
It is gorilla glass, it's pretty strong according to Apple. It's hard to describe, as the falls impact changes every time depending where it lands. But I have had no problems with it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Many thanks people I think I would have a nervous break down if I broke my iPhone ?
Get a good case and you won't have to worry about it. I recommend the Otterbox Defender. Apple will charge $150 to replace it if you break the glass. The front glass is somewhat difficult to replace and the back glass is extremely easy to replace yourself. An OEM backplate is $80 if you'd rather do it yourself. The front is more. Another option is to get Apple Care+. It costs $100, but Apple will replace it for $50 when you have Apple Care+. You have to buy it within 30 days of purchase of the 4S, though. There are other benefits to it as well.