How strong is the glass on iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by jo12jt1, Feb 5, 2012.

1. jo12jt1

jo12jt1 Member
    Bronze

Not that I really want to find out but how strong is the glass on the phone? I heard that it does not really take a fall !

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's glass. Try not to drop it. Glass breaks, no matter how break-resistant it may be touted to be.

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

It is gorilla glass, it's pretty strong according to Apple. It's hard to describe, as the falls impact changes every time depending where it lands. But I have had no problems with it.

4. jo12jt1

jo12jt1 Member
    Bronze

Many thanks people I think I would have a nervous break down if I broke my iPhone ?

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've never damaged the glass on the many iPhones I've owned, but I know people who drop theirs all the time and shatter their screens.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Get a good case and you won't have to worry about it. I recommend the Otterbox Defender. Apple will charge $150 to replace it if you break the glass. The front glass is somewhat difficult to replace and the back glass is extremely easy to replace yourself. An OEM backplate is $80 if you'd rather do it yourself. The front is more. Another option is to get Apple Care+. It costs $100, but Apple will replace it for $50 when you have Apple Care+. You have to buy it within 30 days of purchase of the 4S, though. There are other benefits to it as well.