How to accurately measure your battery charge.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
- Charge your iPhone directly to a wall jack.
- A full charge is when the lightning bolt icon changes to a plug
- Use your iPhone untethered for as long as you can without plugging into a computer for any further syncing

You can then monitor the figures you see under Settings/Usage

Currently I have:

Usage: 3hrs 42min
Standby: 18hrs 48min

50% battery level remaining.

Knowing these figures will help you understand your usage (movies, music, internet) compared to the standby moments.

So if you have low usage and your battery needs frequent charging, it may be a sign of a weak battery.

D-

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
i too, don't have any numbers in my usage stats,, and i'm pretty sure it was fully charged before i unplugged it since the plug icon appeared...any help?
I three don't have any numbers in my usage stats and I'm POSITIVE I've gotten a full charge twice now (plug icon showing in battery, not lightning bult). Of both times it reported full, once it was charged to the AC adaptor, once to the dock.

Based on my own unofficial testing, it seems to me that WiFi is a huge draw on battery life. You should turn it off when you don't need it.

Wangsta

Jul 3, 2007
WoW, your battery is good. My battery completely died after 5 hours of usage and 8 hours of standby. Should I go for a replacement o.O?

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
WoW, your battery is good. My battery completely died after 5 hours of usage and 8 hours of standby. Should I go for a replacement o.O?
If you are concerned it is worth visiting a Genius bar for them to test. If u need a new battery, they may just swap you out a brand new iPhone.

btw my current stats:

Usage: 5hrs 16min
Standby: 23hrs 39min

25% battery level remaining.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
if you have no numbers it may mean that you have yet to do a full 100% charge yet.
Might "generally" be true, but I've charged my battery two times where I was SURE it was full (showing plug icon), once was using the AC charger, once was using the dock.

I have NEVER had working usage stats.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I three don't have any numbers in my usage stats and I'm POSITIVE I've gotten a full charge twice now (plug icon showing in battery, not lightning bult). Of both times it reported full, once it was charged to the AC adaptor, once to the dock.

Based on my own unofficial testing, it seems to me that WiFi is a huge draw on battery life. You should turn it off when you don't need it.
look closely at the "Time since last full charge" area.
no stats whatsoever or are the stats set to 0?
You may want to "Reset Stats" at the very bottom before you do another full charge session.

D-

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
My settings

Currently I have:

Usage: 5hrs 26min
Standby: 23hrs 52min

25% battery level remaining.

Most of my settings are default:

Wifi = ON
Brightness = white round slider is to the far left aligned with the "r" in Auto-Brightness" below

Autolock = 1minute
Bluetooth = OFF
Gmail checks each time i launch mail

Ringer is on vibrate only