How to add custom ringtones by WJP09 with Pictures and Videos.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
ive tried twice i don't know if its a vista thing or what but it didn't work for me.....its in recovery mode , it recovers and theres no ringtone....

Recover? Are you talking about the iPhone? Your not supposed to restore it.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
As soon as youhit recover and it begins downloading in the download section of iTunes, unplug your iPhone, you only want it to download the firmware, not actually restore the phone.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Yeah you just want to get the software. Doing a recover pre or post mod will force you to start over.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Are you talking about AFTER adding a ringtone or during? If during it could be jailbreak is overriding iTunes. You can continue to sync after adding custom ringtones however if you restore ringtones disappear.

chris07

Jun 30, 2007
i restored my iPhone to delete everything +ringtones and now it was reading iTunes at first but i had to reboot my computer then its now telling me to activate but i have to wait till after 3! so whats the number i call for assistence?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
activation is shutdown until 3pm PST meaning 6pm est. There is nothing you can do currently just wait it out.

mcnearcj

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
I also wanted to add that you can use straight mp3 files. I didn't bother converting the files and it still worked.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
mcnearcj I think they need to be made in iTunes though. Again I THINK thats the case, I read that on creations.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
IF YOU LOSE THE ABILITY TO SYNC:
Download Orig plist

Add it to your Directory.

type: cd /System/Library/Lockdown Then press the enter key.

Type: putfile Services.plist Then press the enter key.

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Give credit to the original author who posted the tutorial hence this is not your work.

Ballerstat

Jul 15, 2007
cant seem to get past the step where the phone says "Please connect to iTunes" and the computer says "Sending More Files... Booting iPhone..."

how long does this part usually take?

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

:)

sjb03008

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
For all of you who have done this ringtone addition, would you say the risk is minimal enough to give it a shot, or should I wait it out? I have been increasingly interested in adding ringtones on my phone, but do the risks outweight the benefits, especially since I am not all that technologically inclined (at least going deep into programs and editing).

What are the chances that trying something like this will brick my phone?