How to add icons to themes?

salar101

Dec 9, 2008
How can I add extra icons to iPhone themes? I installed a new theme (illumine) from cydia and I saw many people designed new icons for this theme, but how do you add them to the theme? I tried ssh into the iPhone and replace some icons in the "icon" folder of the theme. for example there were 3 different Bank of America icons in the icon list I deleted all there and replaced with the one that I wanted but again after applying the theme the previous one would keep show up any idea why?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you re-sprung since you've changed the icon. I've changed my icons when experimenting with a few themes and had little or no trouble.

I changed/altered the individual icons and then replaced the ones in the Library/Themes folders and then went into winterboard, de-selected and then selected the theme i wanted (with new icon(s)), re-sprung springboard and there it was.

kcxd35

Jan 14, 2009
Lancaster, PA
Make sure the name is the same as the name for the icon including caps so BoA boa Boa boA BOa are all different and the icon name must match exactly then uncheck and recheck the theme name in winterboard... Hope this helps..