How to attach documents in mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kesmond, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Kesmond

Kesmond New Member

Hi, i have purchased memory stick apps where i can store my docs in iPhone4. But is there anyway that i can attach docs in the mail or save the attachment from my mail to the memory stick apps? Thanks

2. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

You can use iTunes , create a new folder and assign it in iTunes to synch.. Then theyll be stored on the computer and iPhone as well.

3. Kesmond

Kesmond New Member

What i was saying was if i want to attach documents in mail from my iPhone 4, there is no way to do it?

#3 Kesmond, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  4. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

I think this depends on the app. For example, both iBooks and Docs to Go allow me to choose documents saved on my iPhone and visible in each respective app and send them via email as an attachment (creating a new email only –*it's not possible to add an attachment to an existing draft email). Which app are you using?

5. Kesmond

Kesmond New Member

I using e current mail apps that comes with iPhone4. It does nt have a feature to attach documents.. Any mail apps that can do it?

6. wellerp68

wellerp68 New Member

Yes, I have found the same problem since I have had an iPhone. I use yahoo email and if I compose a email I am not able to attach a pic or what ever. I must log into my yahoo with my computer to do this. It's annoying but you can't have it all when you have 90% of the stuff.

7. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member
    Silver

If you are j/b you can get the tweak for this, otherwise you need to start out in the photo album and email it directly from there, not sure there's any other way to attach once you are already in an email/replying to an email without a j/b.

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

You can still send photos from your Yahoo account. You just need to start in your photo App.

9. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

What?! You have an F5 key on your iPhone?!

10. Ekmsit

Ekmsit New Member

You can copy photo in your photo app and paste in your reply
    maill.

11. Bazza1

Bazza1 New Member

If ever there was one issue built into the iOS to show the iPhone is not ready for businesss users, this must be it. As noted, there is no means - in creating or replying to email - that allows one to add attachments directly from Mail. To have to initiate an email with attachment from within another program (included or 3rd Party) or copy/paste between programs is both counter-intuitive and often not going to work for the intended use.
    Of course, if this was actually going to work for users of Mail, it would require a software 'Attachment' button in Mail (with access to Books - for PDFs - and Photo folders) and, ideally, an additional tab within iTunes > Your iPhone's Name in which to drag/copy/paste docs into for syncing.

Until then, the iPhone's Mail program is only a text messaging service and argues why its yet to be taken seriously by the businesss user, when BlackBerrys give their email program this capability straight out of the box.

12. Riyadh

Riyadh New Member

just go to folder photos, tap the photo you want to attach for a little while, tap on the "copy. open your mail writing pane and paste it there. You can have multiple attachments this way!

13. Faye

Faye New Member

The easiest way is to use SugarSync to store your documents. Then just tap the Sugarsync app on your iPhone select the document and email the document from the app. It actually emails a link the receiver can click and then download or view the document. You can also open the document in Quick Office Pro, GDrive and I'm sure other editing apps, and email from the app. Quickest and easiest way is just email the link from SugarSync..

14. sonic1519

sonic1519 New Member

i might me wrong but i think ios6 will take care of all of that