How to back up my apps from iPhone to laptop?

anilgre

Mar 23, 2011
London, United Kingdom
My phone was synced with my laptop and I have got a copy of all data in the laptop. But now my laptop was formatted and doesn't have any data in it.

So, if I try to sync my phone with my fresh laptop, will all the apps in my phone get erased ?
[*** Ignore Photos n Music ***]

Now I want back up of my all my Apps ... what is the solution for this ?

m-o-n-999

Aug 8, 2010
on iTunes:
1) sign in (with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone)
2) authorize this computer
3) tranfer purchases

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Ouch! Well, as the poster above has shown, that's how you can get it back on your laptop. Glad photos and music aren't a concern, but you could get those with iFunbox if you needed them.

anilgre

Mar 23, 2011
London, United Kingdom
Well, I have done as you said guys but still I got a pop up in the iTunes saying that "this list of apps can't be transferred" (some 7 or 8 apps). Anyway to grab these as well ?

Also can you please tell me in which location they got saved. So, that from next time if I sync my iPhone, I will sync directly from the location they got saved.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Were the 7 or 8 apps downloaded legitimately to your device?

m-o-n-999

Aug 8, 2010
Well, I have done as you said guys but still I got a pop up in the iTunes saying that "this list of apps can't be transferred" (some 7 or 8 apps). Anyway to grab these as well ?

Also can you please tell me in which location they got saved. So, that from next time if I sync my iPhone, I will sync directly from the location they got saved.
it happens to me all the time.. but I keep doing the last step (transfer purchases) and eventually the all get transferred.. not really sure what's wrong..

as per the 2nd question, they are saved somewhere in the subfolders of Music > iTunes (if you're using windows)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The only way I can think of how to make sure you keep all your apps in iTunes up to date is to check for updates IN iTunes, and not the phone. I almost never update to my phone unless I am not going to be near my PC for a couple days. Even then, when I get home, before I sink, I check for updates in iTunes and after everything downloads, then I sync my phone.