How to block game code threads

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not into games, so the game code threads always popping up at the top of the New Posts list is annoying. AFAIK, there currently isn't a way to block specific threads, but I just checked and you can block specific forum categories on EiC :eek:k:eek:k

Go to iPhone Game Codes > Forum Tools > Mark this Forum Read...and all game code threads will be blocked. I logged out and back in as well as closing and reoppening Firefox and they stayed blocked. Can't believe I didn't look for this option sooner...

EDIT
: Nevermind, it doesn't work like I thought, the new ones still pop up at the top of the list. The above option will make all the the current ones disappear, but new ones will still pop up as people reply to the threads. Still useful, IMO, but you still have to deal with new ones.

Hopefully an option to block specific threads and or forum categories will eventually be added for those of us that use the New Posts button frequently.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You had my hopes up for a second there!

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
For the heck of it I checked out the Racing Live - The Official "Crew Code" Thread.

Holy crap. It has many more one-post-only users than just about any other thread I have seen. Kinda surprised me.

--
Mike

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It would also be nice to be able to block threads with anything along the lines of, "one speaker broken" but alas, there isn't.

These game code threads are pretty numerous though.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
meh, I can deal with the "Help, one speaker is broken" threads, they don't pop up all day every day.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I really never even notice the game code threads to be honest. I only notice the ones with the most replies simply because there are so many pages of them (within that thread) so it makes them more visible as I look down the list.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm with you Europa. The game codes stick out like sore thumbs to me and it's annoying.