How to buy an app from another countries App Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by ndwgolf, May 27, 2009.

1. ndwgolf

ndwgolf New Member
    Bronze

I want to download a app from the singapore app store but my account is with the UK app store............ How can I do that?

2. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

Are you in singapore right now? Or are you do you have a UK account and are living in the UK?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. ndwgolf

ndwgolf New Member
    Bronze

I am in Singapore on vacation, my iTunes account is in the UK, I do not have a credit card with a singapore mailing address

5. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

Hmm...I can't say I've tried downloading an app while in another country but I would assume that it would work. Is the app you are trying to download exclusive to singapore?

6. ndwgolf

ndwgolf New Member
    Bronze

Yes it is a one click app that remembers your free wireless username and password for Singapore wireless broadband hot spots
    Saves you having to type in your username and password every time

7. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

You are unable to do this, and if you are in singapore, with a UK iPhone and a UK contract, when you go into the app store, you should still see the UK app store.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Theory...

What happens if you change the details of your info on your account details.

for example, change your location to singapore... then download the app (which ever one you require) through the app store through iTunes and then sync it too your iPhone. I don't know what would happen if you changed your location back to the UK, i also don't know how the updates would work either.

It's just a theory so don't shoot me down if i'm talking complete rubbish.

9. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I tried to buy an app that was in the UK but iTunes wouldn't allow me because I was an American in the U.S. I have been trying to figure out how to get around that.

10. ndwgolf

ndwgolf New Member
    Bronze

The problem is even though the app is free the singapore app store requires a Singapore credit card or at least a address in Singapore.
    OK I figured it out, I opened a FREE iTunes account with the Singapore iTunes store (no need for credit card) and then downloaded the App......... I used a different email address than that I use for my UK iTunes store account

11. tadam888

tadam888 New Member

Interesting....I have a similar problem: registered my account in Germany (living in the Philippines) using a German Credit Card...now i want to download Photoshop.com mobile which is free but not available in the German application store....only in the US (for whatever unknown reason....)....could I also open a free iTunes account using a US address and different email- address....problem: I don't have a US-billing address and thus no US-billed credit card....have other credit cards though billed in the Philippines and in Hong Kong....thanks, if anyone out there knows how to work around this problem...in the first place I am, of course, wondering, why only US citizens would qualify to use photoshop.com mobile....does the developer want Photoshop products only be marketed in the US from now on...?! Would be perfectly alright with me....just would like to know...

12. spmartin

spmartin New Member

I have an idea. There is an app that I want that is in the german iTunes store called The Beatles: the little black songbook. I am wondering if we could exchange apps of equal value. I can send you the file for Photoshop Mobile and some others. You can send me the Beatles songbook app. Is there any reason that would not work?
    Steve

13. SamStone

SamStone New Member

There are two ways that I know of to do this. I had the same problem, I live in the UK and am in Kuala Lumpur for an extended period. The easiest way is to use a VPN, I used Strong VPN but there are several free ones around also. If you have a Jailbroken phone there is an app that works great, Location Spoofer. It has a free tryout period and works great, it's what I use.