how to change AT&T

otto76

Feb 28, 2008
how do you change AT&T to say your name in the top left corner of your phone?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
If your phone is jailbroken just look up the app "make it mine" or "MIM" that'll do it for you.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I tried MIM and all it did was launch and exit. Do you need to restart the phone first? Ditto with Banner from the same developer I believe.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I used Status Style, but it reset my Springboard arrangement afterwards.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I also have MIM but I was wondering whats the difference between that and Status Style. The reason I ask is because I don't have that in my installer and if it workds better than MIM then I will add the source where that app is located. Thanks.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I tried MIM and all it did was launch and exit. Do you need to restart the phone first? Ditto with Banner from the same developer I believe.
What method did you use to install MIM onto your phone? If through Installer the permissions should be auto set for you but if you copied it manually onto the phone you may need to change the permissions to the executible file.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
What method did you use to install MIM onto your phone? If through Installer the permissions should be auto set for you but if you copied it manually onto the phone you may need to change the permissions to the executible file.

Thanks, it was via Installer. A reset/restart took care of it. It was one of the first things I installed without understanding some of the nuances of installing apps.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
When I had my iPhone 2G, I changed the "AT&T" in the top left corner to say "CAPS". When I got my iPhone 3G, it still said "CAPS" in the top left corner instead of "AT&T". It's still the same way with my iPhone 4. Is there anyway I can change it back to AT&T?

Saints

Bronze
Jul 24, 2009
New Orleans
When I had my iPhone 2G, I changed the "AT&T" in the top left corner to say "CAPS". When I got my iPhone 3G, it still said "CAPS" in the top left corner instead of "AT&T". It's still the same way with my iPhone 4. Is there anyway I can change it back to AT&T?
I had my JB 3gs and restored from backup with my new iPhone 4 and it kept the MIM setting. To change it I had to restore as new for it to say AT&T again. Hope that helps for you.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I had my JB 3gs and restored from backup with my new iPhone 4 and it kept the MIM setting. To change it I had to restore as new for it to say AT&T again. Hope that helps for you.
That would work, but I need to restore from backup, otherwise I'll lose all my old stuff.

Saints

Bronze
Jul 24, 2009
New Orleans
That would work, but I need to restore from backup, otherwise I'll lose all my old stuff.
Nah I thought the same thing, but I didn't lose anything. The only thing that sucked was I had organized all of my apps in folders so I have to do it all again, but i never lost any contacts, apps, etc...