How to change icons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 22, 2007
Hey guys, I installed AppSnapp on my iPhone, now I was wondering if there was something in there i needed to install to be able to change the icons? Also, is there a way to re-order the icons?

Thanks guys!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Hey guys, I installed AppSnapp on my iPhone, now I was wondering if there was something in there i needed to install to be able to change the icons? Also, is there a way to re-order the icons?

Thanks guys!
On v1.1.1 you can do it, but the programs are kinda buggy atm.

Sep 22, 2007
You can use summerboard to apply themes, it is avalible via the instealler (after u install community sources)
I know that! I'm asking what application do I need to re-arrange the order of the icons? Also, what application do I need to change individual icons? I want a different set of icons I've seen on someone iPhone that I can't find!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
To change the order of the icons you can use Customize which has rSBT built in. I will forwarn you however it is buggy ATM and crashes and sometimes doesn't get the order right.

For replacing the icon, you can SSH the new icon to the iPhone and put it in the /Applications/APPNAME.app/ folder with the name of icon.png for most of the apps (the pictures and camera are named something different).

givmild

Nov 11, 2007
I used "customize" and it really messed up my phone, thereforee I uninstalled it and now I cant see any icons at all. The phone works just as usual, I can receive calls, send emails and listen to music, but I just cant navigate. I have to get a call to reach for my contacts, and from there I can click to send an email aso. How will I get my icons back. Before I uninstalled "Customize" I noticed that its settings always went back to "show no icons" although I always changed it. There must be an easy way to fix what that program did. I just want my icons back. Or do I have to do a restore? I have unlocked the phone with anysim. If I do a restore, what will happen? I have firmware 1.1.1
Please help me...

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
download the "Dock" app that will at least let u get to all your icons. As for the icons i cant help u with making your own but there are a ton of themes u can get through installer for use with summerboard try that and see if theres any u like.u can use summerboard to restart spring board...maybe that will bring your icons back